WnSoft Forums

Video Convert- Alternative methods?

goddi

Greetings,

I am trying to find a more efficient routine for converting video for a PTE show. Normally I would simply run my ‘.MOV’ video clip through the PTE Convert process. But it is sometimes difficult to use the Trim function and you can not modify the Bit Rate in this process within PTE. The PTE Convert process seems to always boost the Bit Rate higher and therefore increases the file size.

So I am trying to find an outside method that will ‘convert’ the .MOV video clip to a format that will match or come close to matching the format that the PTE Convert process produces, but offers  more controls.

I am now trying the Aiseesoft program (Convert Ultimate) to do this. The advantage is that I can Trim and Enhance video clip, and add Stabilization, all in the same process. The main question is, which conversion format do I select that comes close to what the PTE Convert process produces?

I have experimented and come to the conclusion that the ‘DivX HD’ format comes close to the PTE Convert process. It is close but some of the ‘format’ items listed in the MediaInfo results are a bit different. I’d like to know if anyone can tell me if this is actually the best format to choose from the available formats presented. When I add a video file that has been converted through Aiseesoft using this format, PTE does not ask to convert it. So it seems it must be acceptable to PTE.

I have attached the video results from MediaInfo where you can compare an ‘.MOV’ video clip that was converted through PTE and converted using Aiseesoft’s ‘DviX HD’ format (with enhancing and stabilization). The ‘Format: MPEG-4 Visual’ are the same but other format items are not exactly the same. I have also attached the various conversion formats available in the Aiseesoft program.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

Gary

Formats.jpg

MediaInfo.jpg

51 minutes ago, Barry Beckham said:

If you're a Photoshop CC user, take a look at the motion section for video. It may have what you want.

Barry, No, I have only CS5 (not the Extended version). Seems I would need the Extended version for video. I don't get the Motion dropdown menu.

Gary

1 hour ago, cgbraggjr said:

IIRC the increased bit rate and larger file sizes actually make it easier on the computer (less decoding) so it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Yes, I understand that. But I want to be able to have some control over the conversion process. I am concerned about file size due to high bit rates. With PTE, I have no control. I can still reduce it below what PTE automatically sets it to and not have a problem.

If I want to stabilize the video clip and trim it and set the Bit Rate, all at the same time, I have to use an outside program. If I let PTE convert the clip, and if I can get the Trim to work well (not that accurate), I still have to bring it into another program to run the stabilization and then I still have to convert it again to get it out of that program. I might as well do it all in one program. So I still want to know which is the best format to use in the above list of formats if I use an outside program, like Aiseesoft.

Gary