WnSoft Forums

UltraHD video output

Igor

• Igor changed the title to UltraHD video output (Beta)
3 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

In PicturesToExe 9.0.5 Beta you can try create UltraHD video at 3840 x 2160.

Windows 64-bit is required to create video with this ultra high resolution.

Support of 4K video output is an experimental feature in PicturesToExe 9.

Igor,

I tried the UltraHD on one of my shows. It does create the show and it plays in Windows Media Player, full screen. Nice.

However, I went back to tweak this same show and process it as a regular 1920x1080 show (MP4). The process screen did not progress...it froze. I noticed that on of the applications still running in the background was 'xboxapp.exe'. I restarted Win10 and PTE and this app was gone and then, the processing for the MP4 worked. So it seems that, perhaps, the 'xboxapp.exe' is being retained and causing a problem? (WIN10)

Gary

PTE Error.jpg

38 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

Normally, XboxApp should not disturb PTE. 

As I know Xboxapp is recording your screen in realtime and saves video. I have no idea why it works in background on many computers with Windows 10 by default.

Igor, I have been trying to reproduce the problem, but I can not. The only abnormal thing was seeing the XboxApp.exe running in the background and I have never seen it before. Very strange. Once it was removed, by a restart, PTE work fine. Strange.

Gary

Some figures - make of them what you will.

I added ten 3840x2160 images to a 16:9 Project and made a test UHD MP4 at default settings.

It took 5m 07s and the file size is 120Mb.

I then made a HD MP4 from the same project at default settings.

It took 1m 49s and the file size is 33Mb.

Both play equally well on my laptop. :)

I expected them to both "look" the same on the 1920x1080 Laptop Screen but the 4K version seemed to look (marginally) better than the the 1920x1080 version - could that be??

4 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

Normally, XboxApp should not disturb PTE. 

As I know Xboxapp is recording your screen in realtime and saves video. I have no idea why it works in background on many computers with Windows 10 by default.

Igor, I have been trying to reproduce the problem. And I have, twice more. Here is what I think are the steps that created the problem. First, the xboxapp.exe did not show up so I don't think that has anything to do with the problem.

Each time it happened, I had Published a show at 3840x2160. Then I tried to Publish the same show at 1920x1080. I must have done something in between but I can not  remember exactly. But now it has happen a total of 3 times. So there must be something going on, but just not sure what.

Here are the stats if I Published the same show at 1920x1080 and at 3840x12160:

Publish MP4 -> 1920x1080 = 86,568KB - took 8 minutes

Publish MP4 -> 3840x2160 = 258,512KB - took 25 minutes

Gary

7 hours ago, davegee said:

I expected them to both "look" the same on the 1920x1080 Laptop Screen but the 4K version seemed to look (marginally) better than the the 1920x1080 version - could that be??

It seems "normal" that he UHD look better.

You can try a simple test:

take a photo 3840x2160 and save it with a poor quality (4.2.0 and 10% or 20% quality) photo1

from the original transform it in 1920x1080 ans save it with the same poor quality (4.2.0 and 10% or 20% quality) photo2

The compare photo1 transform in 1920x1080 and photo2, you will see that photo1 is better

Denis

• Igor changed the title to UltraHD video output

Greetings,

I can play the PTE's UltraHD show on my Desktop and on my Laptop. It will not play on my Samsung TV, which is not a 4K model, so that is expected. I tried using an USB thumbdrive direct to the TV and using a Netgear media player box connected via HDMI.

However, the UltraHD show will play on this Samsung TV using a wireless Push2TV device from my laptop to the TV. So I am wondering if it really is playing at 4K or is it, somehow, 'downgraded' to a 'normal' MP4 format. They both look the same, excellent shows.

Is it 4K or not? Also, I don't see much difference in the MediaInfo results comparing a PTE's regular MP4 with the UltraHD, except for the bit rate and the width/height of the files.

Gary

PTE-4K vs mp4.jpg

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

I think that Push2TV device may converts 4K video to FullHD on the fly for wireless connection.

Greetings Igor,

Hmmmm.... I just tried connecting my laptop to my 40" Samsung (non-4K) TV using an HDMI cable. I played the UltraHD PTE show and it played! So I guess this is good news for people who have large flat-screen TVs and want to play UltraHD shows??? I don't  see any difference between the regular MP4 and the UltraHD, but maybe I would if I had a super larger TV. I wonder if others have experimented playing the UltraHD shows on TVs.

Gary

Igor,

My Sony TV will not recognise the MP4 - "Unsupported Content".

Not surprising perhaps, because it is HD and not UHD, but I was hoping that the Media Player would convert the File from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080.

A 1920x1080 MP4 made from the same 3840x2160 images plays OK (obviously) :)

DG

I have always used the MEDIA PLAYER in my Sony HD TV to play MP4 from a USB Key.

I put a UHD MP4 made with PTE onto a Key and tried to play it.

I hoped that the Media Player was clever enough to be able to convert that 3840x2160 MP4 back to 1920x1080 and play it.

But, it is not clever enough or perhaps the TV is not new enough.

I got the "Unsupported Content" message presumably meaning that the Media Player does not support anything bigger than 1920x1080 MP4s.

I will do a little more research into newer HD TVs to see if they are able to do this.

If you have any thoughts I would like to hear them?

DG

6 hours ago, davegee said:

I have always used the MEDIA PLAYER in my Sony HD TV to play MP4 from a USB Key.

I put a UHD MP4 made with PTE onto a Key and tried to play it.

I hoped that the Media Player was clever enough to be able to convert that 3840x2160 MP4 back to 1920x1080 and play it.

But, it is not clever enough or perhaps the TV is not new enough.

I got the "Unsupported Content" message presumably meaning that the Media Player does not support anything bigger than 1920x1080 MP4s.

I will do a little more research into newer HD TVs to see if they are able to do this.

If you have any thoughts I would like to hear them?

DG

Dave, Have you tried to play the UltraHD show from your laptop (or desktop) to your Sony HD TV via an HDMI cable (if you have an HDMI port)?

Just curious if that works as it did for me... Gary

4 hours ago, davegee said:

Did that a few years ago.

Too many disadvantages.

MP4 on a USB key is best option for HD TV.

DG

Dave, I agree that the USB key is the better way of playing the PTE shows on the TV, but I was wondering if playing the UltraHD show on your Sony TV (non-4K) via an HDMI cable would actually work as it did on my non-4K Samsung.

Or anybody out there.....????

Gary

A UHD MP4 plays fine on my laptop with its 1920x1080 screen because it is being compressed/converted by the graphics card.

So connecting it via HDMI to the HD TV is not going to change anything unless the TV (or monitor) has a native resolution of 3840x2160 and the Laptop is set accordingly.

When you connect your Laptop to the HD TV, what resolution is set?

DG