WnSoft Forums

UltraHD video output

Igor

10 hours ago, davegee said:

A UHD MP4 plays fine on my laptop with its 1920x1080 screen because it is being compressed/converted by the graphics card.

So connecting it via HDMI to the HD TV is not going to change anything unless the TV (or monitor) has a native resolution of 3840x2160 and the Laptop is set accordingly.

When you connect your Laptop to the HD TV, what resolution is set?

DG

Dave, Ok, I think I see what you are saying. My laptop's graphics card's highest resolution is 1920x1080. So my laptop's graphic card must be converting the UltraHD resolution to 1920x1080 and feeding it to the TV via the HDMI cable and my Push2TV device. If I try to play the UltraHD show directly to the TV using a USB thumbdrive or my NetGear media player, it does not work because the TV is not 4K. Thanks...makes sense.

Gary

Added Later: So...the  only  way to play  a 4K PTE show is to play it with a USB thumbdrive directly plugged into a 4K TV (unless you have a graphics card that has the 4K capablity if you want to play it on the laptop or desktop) (?). And you need a 4K TV or monitor.

Gary,

I might be wrong but I don't think that your Card's Highest Resolution has to be 1920x1080.

If you connect it to a Monitor with a higher resolution via HDMI it will recognise it and set that resolution.

But it will not pump out 3840x2160 if you are connected to a 1920x1080 Monitor.

I would not buy a 4K TV "hoping" that your last statement is correct - I would want to try it first in the showroom with a USB Key.

DG

Hi. I have Win10 and PTE 9.0.5

First slide is a 1920x1080 .mov video (not compressed), the second slide is an animation with image elements - totally 11s long "show" - that's all.

It wount make a 1920x1080 size .mp4 video? (same type of problem somebody reported I think earlier in this post).

Occasionally I can cheat the software by copy/paste the two slides into a new empty project, and it might render a "Quality" video for me. But if I then try again to render a new one with higher bit rate, it freezes and won't render. Restarting the computer did not help.

I have a "power" PC just 6 month old (which easily render Davinci Resolve 12.5 videos for me), so it's not up to my PC what I believe.

This problem prevents me working with PTE for the moment. Is there any setting I have missed in my workflow with PTE 9?

(Ps. My source video is 29.97fps and I try to render into PTE specified 30fps)

Regards, Jan

It's a customers project I do not suppose to send in public.. When I push "OK" on the "Creating a video file (in H.264 format) for PC.. etc." then the "Creating HD video for PC and Mac" window shows up, but the video encoding field shows 0% all the time and nothing happens.. I just found that similar problems were reported on under "Troubleshooting" where I suppose I should have placed this also..

No, it does not help to either convert the video and restart the software. The only way I have succeeded to cheat the problem is to bring a copy of these two slides and paste them to a new project, but even then a try to render a higher bitrate than "Quality" don't work.