WnSoft Forums

Low-compression codecs and H.265

jt49

23 minutes ago, jt49 said:

Will the low-compression codecs become an official feature of PTE 9 ?

No. Only in future PicturesToExe.

23 minutes ago, jt49 said:

Will there be UltraHD video output based on H.265 ?

UltraHD 4K video output in PicturesToExe 9.0.5 is based on H.264.

Encoding to H.265 works in several times slower than H.264. Several hours to encode 5-10 minutes. Also there is a problem with lack of software and hardware players which can play H.265.

• 7 months later...

Would it be possible to use the hardware encoder option on the gpu to speed up encoding of H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) without sacrificing quality?

I notice that some screen recorders like Bandicam, Nvidia ShadowPlay, AMD ReLive, and the Steam Link host PC allow you to chose the encoder.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Yes, the next version of PTE will offer an option to use hardware encoder for H.264 video.

NVIDIA video card (all models for last 4 years) is required for this option. 

Encoding works faster in 8 times than traditional CPU encoding. And visual quality is very good

That's good to know. My desktop PC has a Nvidia GTX 1050 and it works great with PTE. I have been testing Bandicam screen recorder using the Nvidia NVENC VBR encoder for H.265 at 1080p 60fps. The Windows 10 media player will play H.265 videos. It's amazing how well it captures without dropping frames. I hope some day PTE will also support 10 bit and H.265 encoding.

Tom

Tom,

Probably we will add support of H.265 in future PTE. 

NVIDIA Geforce 1050 and 1060 are very good video cards for PicruresToExe! We have both these video cards at our office for work with PicturesToExe.

I think that these video cards will cover all new features of future versions of PicturesToExe. Any effects with ideally smooth playback of presentations.