WnSoft Forums

Version 9.0.5

Laszlo K

I have just installed V9.0.5 after using V8.0.21 (actually I have been using PTE since V3.) I have no issues as of now but on the objects and animation there are a number of things have changed. Windows that are unmarked (bottom left) and the general multi layer timeline. It would be nice to have a Pdf to get familiar with these unknown / unmarked areas or to give them a name since it can not be compared to any previous version.

Laszlo

Thanks a lot.

Yeah it needs a bit of reading even though I'm quite familiar with PTE but this was a bit of a surprice. I give a monthly workshop in our photoclub and just installed the new version before I had gone to the meeting. Well I got stuck without words I had no clue where I was when I opened the object and animation window. I ended up doing demos without Objects & Animations.

Laszlo

Thank you gentlemen.

I got all the downloads but I can not duplicate some of the things. So here is a screen shot and I marked two notes on it. One is how to get the multiple objects/with the keyframes? Untill now I would stack up to 15 or so objects / layers without problem. And the other is the box on the far left bottom. Is there any use for that? I believe I'm the only person in Ottawa with the latest of the program so there is no one to sit down with and discuss it but you all have been a great help.

Laszlo

PTE 1.jpg

Or, in Objects and Animations in the Objects List, you can CTRL Click on any object(s) to bring up the timeline and keframes for only those objects. On the bottom left, the names of the selected objects only are displayed rather than all objects by default.

Best regards,

Lin

Well there are 3 objects on the right list and the lines I assume indicate the order of the individual  objects with the file names showing also on the left where the timeline of each file name matching the timeline. 

What I'm saying that I have placed 4 images mixed as individual and also as child objects but I would still havei1 timeline like on the old version (up to V8 Highlight and becomes active and you work with it by dragging or numbers) So whatever I do there is only one track and it looks like the old version but the control is not good.

Laszlo

PTE 2.jpg

I'm not certain I understand the problem Laszio. You CTRL click on the keframes you wish to move together. For example, Let's say you want to move all the keframes for DSCF7247 but only two of the keyframes for DSCF7248. You CTRL Click on each keyframe for DSCF7247 and the first two keyframes for DSCF7248 then drag and only the selected keyframes will be affected. 

There is a separate track for each object but only the track for the top object in the Objects List is visible until you CTRL Click on a different object.  So you have the option of having one, two, or any number of tracks visible simultaneously up to the total number of objects in the list. You can select any number of keyframes and move them in either direction simultaneously or move any single keyframe by itself. It's very versatile.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Now I got it. The Ctr Click was in the fog. Yes like this it makes all the objects visible so it is a lot easier overseeing the whole thing. I could see the advantage but I just could not figure out how to get the tracks.

Even though I'm a relatively quick learner but at times since I'm not testing it takes some quick figuring out, I wish you guys would be closer.

Thank you both you have been a great help.

Just a small note. One of my desktop (Win 7) which still had the V9.0.5 on it could not render an HD mp4 file. It was just non responsive. The program was properly functioning except no response of rendering. So I updated to V 9.0.7 and it works like a charm. The other two computer had no problem (one is Win 7 the other is 10).

Laszlo

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 5:18 PM, davegee said:

Laszlo,

Bottom right of the Illustration:

Click on the First Object and Shift+Click on the last

Ctrl + Click  to select non-contiguous Objects.

Is that what you mean?

DG

I was wondering why PTE does not have click and drag to select objects in this panel? a basic window function to select more than one item.

It would be helpful to have the ability to turn objects visibility to on-and-off similar to Photoshop layer eye icon,  in PTE you have to turn the opacity to " 0 "  to turn the object on-and-off.

Regards,

Sami