WnSoft Forums

'Publish' will not start-V9.0.5 [SOLVED]

goddi

Greetings,

I just came across a problem that had occurred in earlier V9 versions but I could not make it reoccur. It just happened again but I have found what is causing the  problem.

If I open PTE directly from a shortcut and open a show, I can Publish the show, no problem. However, if I go to MyComputer, and click on the .pte file of a show to open it in PTE, and then try to Publish the show, the Publish window opens but will not start the process. Is this a PTE bug or a computer problem????

When this happens, closing PTE 9.0.5 and re-opening it, does not fix the problem. It gets fixed only by rebooting Win10 and opening PTE directly with the shortcut and then opening a show.

I can replicate this problem with new and old shows.

Gary

Added Later...I made a video of the process...see attached.

Publish.mp4

I confirm what Gary and Jan seem to have found.

If you open PTE and then click on File / Open to open your project the the Publish / HD Video works as expected.

If you navigate to the .pte file in Windows Explorer (etc) to open the Project then the Publish / HD Video stalls.

DG

20 minutes ago, Dirk Billand said:

Hello,

The v9.0.6 will fix the Problem of complete stalling. But if the project includes a muted Sound track it will still stall when the export reaches the first Audio Clip (in my case at 0.3% of the slideshow).

Regards

Dirk

Dirk.... I gave it a try on a project that has a muted video track. It did not stall. I wonder what else could be causing the problem. Mine passed through the muted video clip with no  problems.

Gary

15 hours ago, Dirk Billand said:

Hello,

The v9.0.6 will fix the Problem of complete stalling. But if the project includes a muted Sound track it will still stall when the export reaches the first Audio Clip (in my case at 0.3% of the slideshow).

Regards

Dirk

Hi,

Thanks, I confirm this problem.