WnSoft Forums

Audio Volume Indication

JEB

Hi,

In the Timeline View when you adjust the volume of a clip by placing the blue markers on the red line and dragging you get a visual indication that that clip is something other than 100%. However in O&A / Audio if you adjust the volume in the Volume (%) box there is no graphic indication in Timeline View. Why is this so? 

Regards

John

John, I'm assuming you mean in "Projects Options" rather than in "O&A / Audio" ?  If so, perhaps it's because the timeline visual audio indication is a relative measure from a baseline. The Projects Options Audio Tab is an absolute which sets the baseline. Are you expecting to change the percent of baseline audio in Project Options and see that baseline be reflected in the starting position of the Timeline relative audio line?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, thanks for your reply. Yes I did mean PO / Audio. I tend always to change audio volume in Timeline by dragging and never use the PO option. As dragging in Timeline can be a bit of a hit or miss at times I wondered about using the PO method but as that gives no visual indication it defeats the purpose as far as I'm concerned. I can't understand the reasoning for this but I'm sure there is a very good reason.

Regards

John

Hi John,

I suspect the reason is that from the timeline you are able to set keyframes to vary the sound as you like at any point along that timeline, but from Projects Options you are only able to set the base level of sound and can't have different levels at different keyframes. If you change the level at a keyframe by using Project Options / Audio, you change it at all keyframes. Have you tried holding down the CTRL key and rolling the mouse center wheel to expand and contract the timeline?  By doing this you can precisely adjust where the changes happen in respect to the images. 

Best regards,

Lin