WnSoft Forums

Blur inheritance

Opacity change to a parent object does not change that of child, as it should.

Blur change of parent changes blur of child the same amount and I don't see a way to un-blur a child that I want sharp with blurred background.

Please help! Jeff

27 minutes ago, 8321 said:

Opacity change to a parent object does not change that of child, as it should.

This would be a disaster. It should not!

27 minutes ago, 8321 said:

Blur change of parent changes blur of child the same amount and I don't see a way to un-blur a child that I want sharp with blurred background.

Make both objects to children of a common frame. Use the frame for programming animations, while blurring the background object.

With regard to the BLUR question, if you make the two images Children of a Frame or other Object with zero opacity you can blur each one independently.

With regard to the Opacity, it works the same in Version 9 as it did in Version 8.

DG

Blur effect applies to a parent object and all its child objects. It allows optimize Blur for several objects at once together and optimize rendering of a Blur effect (more fast work).

Opacity is traditionally in PicturesToExe applies only for necessary object. In future we plan to an option to apply a opacity to child objects (if necessary).

• 1 month later...