WnSoft Forums

' Bloomin Battlefields '

In this anniversary year of Passchendale and the Somme, In June 2016 we visited the many Commonwealth War Graves of the area surrounding the Belgian town of Ypres [Leper].

The cemeteries are kept in the most beautiful condition by the staff of the CWGC. after the end ow WW I the [then] King ordered that " A Rose be placed upon each of the fallen" and thus a rose was planted on each of the Graves. This has been diluted by successive administrations and not stands at 1:3. However the CWGC staff are determined to return to the original order and are currently creating a massive number of plants from their own stock. What struck me was the way they are planted. The flowering Roses almost seem to be caressing the stones.

I do hope you'll see something you like in this tribute to the Gardeners.

Yours Aye

Andrew

https://www.slideshowclub.com/files/file/470-bloomin-battlefields/

23 hours ago, mickp2127 said:

Hi Andrew,

Nice to see your post and good to know you are still about. Very moving show especially if you have visited these vast cemeteries.

Mickp

Thanks Mick, yep, still plodding on mate. We visit the Ypres area every year and plan to do so for many yet [ if we're lucky ].

This year we're heading for the Somme. Hopefully get some good material.

Andrew.