WnSoft Forums

Need help with error message

Bill

Hi,

I am trying to put together a slide presentation as a Christmas present for the family. I want to burn it to a CD and give it out.

At present I have 178 slides in the presentation and I think that will be the limit.

I changed all the files to JPEGs and reduced them in size. Some of them started out at 14 MB from my digital camera and I now have the file sizes between 42 and 892 KB.

I have been adding WAV sounds to some of the slides. The WAV sounds range between 3 seconds and 100 seconds.

About midway through the preview presentation I get an error message. The message is:

Exception Elist Error in Module P2E_Prev.exe at 000111B2. List index out of bounds.

At this point the WAVs begin to repeat themselves and eventually the background music will stop. The system locks up and I have to Ctrl>Alt>Del to get out of the situation.

I am using PicturesToExe v. 3.80

MS Windows ME

Pentium 4 at 1300 mghz processor

256 RAM on board

What can I do to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill

There were several references to this error message in the "old" forum - when the backdata becomes available a search through might solve your problem.

In the meantime it could be that at a certain point your computer is simply running out of system resource. As an initial step to cure it I'd suggest using MP3 files instead of wave files. There are several free utilities (Bladebatch/BladeEncoder being one) that you could use to convert your audio files and they would be typically just 10% of their original size.

I don't have a link to Bladebatch to hand but post a reply if you'd like one and I'll respond when I'm back at home. (Or more likely another forum member will beat me to it..)

You haven't said what pixel dimension your images are, but if they are larger than the average screen size (eg 1024 x 768) then they are just wasting system resource. I find that by using acceptably compressed jpgs at this size the average filesize is usually about 180k.

Ian

I'm in the process of trying to reduce further the size of the JPEGs for the slides.

Whatever Igor says, reduce the size of your Jpegs. If the size of your screen is 800x600, a Jpeg should never be larger than 180-200 KB (at very high quality settings).

Hi All,

I guess I'm doing something very wrong.

I reduced all my JPEGs to 800X600 and now the largest file size is 179 K.

I ran it once and it seemed to work with no problems. I started adding WAVs to the remaining slides. A few of ther WAVs are as big as 250K.

I downloaded BladeEnc and BladeBatch. I tried to change the WAVs to MP3s and after serveral attempts I was told every time by teh program that my WAVs could not be changed because they were not the correct type. I gave up on it.

At slide 41 of 179 I got my usual error ( as stated in my original message) and with an addtitional error message.

"Access violation at address 010f671C Write of address 0165EDBB"

I am also running MP3 music in the background.

Is there a limit on how big a slide can be with the WAV and the JPEG combined and running music in the background?

Any Ideas?

Bill