WnSoft Forums

HD Video is jerky (for lack of a better term)

jral

Good day everyone,

I have used PicturesToExe since 2013 every now and then, for the most part to create slide shows for family around the world. I have been generally very pleased with the program and the results. My preferred way to publish is with an HD video that I up load to my one drive account for distribution via a private download link. The videos are played on a number of different devices. My last show was about a year ago.

I have just finished a new slide show with PtE Version 9.0.7 that I would like to share with family for Easter, but for the life of me I cannot create a HD video free of jerky movement. The fluidity in the .pte file and published EXE is missing. I do not recall having such problems before. The worst cases of jerky movement show up when I use the standard panning Slide Styles such as “Border - Pan Left” - say 6 slides after another. The panning pictures just sort of jerk and skip across the screen. The slide duration is 5 seconds.

My current slide show consists of around 230 jpg. pictures sized 2048x1536 and 1152x864 – which is normal for my shows. (I size the pictures for panning at 1152x864).

I have tried the following combinations to create the HD video – all with jerky movement:

1920x1080 High Quality 60p
1920x1080 High Quality 30p
1920x1080 Medium Quality 60p
1920x1080 Medium Quality 30p
1280x720 High Quality 60p
1280x720 High Quality 30p
1280x720 Medium Quality 60p

1280x720 Medium Quality 30p

From a file size point of view, I would prefer the 1920x1080 Medium Quality 30p combination.

My computer is self-built:

ASUS Z170-Pro
Intel Skylake Core i7-6700
HyperX FURY kit (4x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 2GB GDDR5, 1 GPU)
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I am playing back the video in VLC and Windows Media Player – no difference.

Anyone have any tips for me? Would be happy to supply additional information if needed.

By the way, on a side note, what is the actual technical difference between Low, Medium and High Quality when creating a HD video?

Thank you in advance. I appreciate anything that would help me get this show finished by Easter.

Jess

Thank you for your answer Igor. Is it inherent in the nature of HD video creation that only 60p produces smooth animation? If that is the case, why are other framerates available in the menu? Or is there a method to maintain fluidity with fewer framerates?

Also, for the sake of curiosity coming back to an earlier question, does anyone know the technical difference between selection of Low, Medium and High Quality in the publishing menu for HD Video?

Just trying to learn more about this. Thanks.

Jess