WnSoft Forums

Sound issue

trailertrash

I have added some video to a number of slides in v9.5. However when they transition, the sound in the video starts rather abruptly. Is there a way to fade in the sound with the transition so as not to ' shock ' the viewer.

I do hope I've explained that correctly.

Kindest regards

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

What you need to do is to mute the audio on the video, then go to the "Projects Options" "Audio" and add audio file, but to the right of the "files of type" where is says "audio files" there is a little blue square with a down arrow. Click on this and change the type to "Video file." Navigate to your video file and click on it with O.K. then the audio of the video will appear on the timeline with full use of the audio waveform and you can keyframe the fade in, fade out, etc. This will allow you total control over the audio of the video.

Best regards,

Lin 

40 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

Hi Andrew,

What you need to do is to mute the audio on the video, then go to the "Projects Options" "Audio" and add audio file, but to the right of the "files of type" where is says "audio files" there is a little blue square with a down arrow. Click on this and change the type to "Video file." Navigate to your video file and click on it with O.K. then the audio of the video will appear on the timeline with full use of the audio waveform and you can keyframe the fade in, fade out, etc. This will allow you total control over the audio of the video.

Best regards,

Lin 

wow. Thanks Lin, thats exactly what I wanted. I'd never have figured that one out. :)

I have mastered [ said with tongue in cheek ] that issue and could use a leg up with the next phase.... adding a track to play during the non video slides. That is a ' main ' track which I can ' mute ' during the video's. Do I just add another track? Does it appear on the timeline above or below the video tracks? I'm a bit lost.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Just add another track and it will appear underneath the first one on the timeline. Use two keyframes to mute it until you want it to play then use another twp keyframes to add it back in. If you want this additional audio track to pick up exactly where it left off after each video, you will need to add it additional (additional tracks with the same audio) times (new tracks) then use the "offset" feature plus the "start time" feature to continue. For example, let's say you had 2 minutes of video to begin your show then you wanted the main audio to come on. You would set the "offset" on the main audio to 2 minutes. Then if you want to kill the sound on this main audio further on, use the keyframe and to start it back at say 3 minutes and 14 seconds add it as another track with the offset set to 3 minutes and 14 seconds and the start time to the time you began the second video.

Start time equals when into the audio you wish the sound to begin. Start time zero equals the beginning of the audio track. Start time 10 seconds means start the sound as it would sound as if it had been playing for 10 seconds

Offset is when on the timeline you want the audio to begin or to continue. 

Best regards,

Lin

Well, I've got my sound track done and I have to say, v9.5 is an awesome piece of kit. Being able to use my video soundtracks in the presentation really gives it  ' Authenticity '

and ' Reality '. Thank you Lin for pointing me in the right direction [ again ].

Andrew.