WnSoft Forums

Lin's Border Styles for 16:9 and 3:2 Images

Lin Evans

Fully adjustable PTE styles which can be applied to one or more images to create a blurred background image surrounded by a border with that same image inside the background also surrounded by a border in 16:9 or 3:2 aspect ratio. Dual controlling frames - one to control the size and position of the complete composition and the other to control the internal image size and position. The default red borders are fully adjustable for color, etc.  These styles work for still images or video...

Lin

Lin's 3_2 Border Window Style.ptestyle

Lin's 16_9 Border Window Style.ptestyle

Lin,

Still having the error messages with your Style. But I now notice something else that I can not figure out.

After you created this Style initially, you said you had a 'bloat' problem. It was fixed and you re-issued it. I had imported your initial Style with the 'bloat' problem. Then, after you fixed the problem, I re-imported the revised Style and overwrote the initial Style. However, I notice that when I look at the lines of the Style in O&A, they are different from what I see in your video of this Style. I then deleted the Styles and re-imported your revised Styles but I still get the same lines in O&A as the old initial Style. It does not seem to be overwriting or allowing the new Style to be imported. The first two lines in the Styles are not the same.

I also tried to, first, rename your initial Styles. Then tried to just import your revised Styles, but it asked if I wanted to overwrite the initial Styles, even if it had been renames. Seems something is not working correctly?

Did your initial Style corrupt my PTE as I think you had a similar problem with the 'bloat'?

Lin's Initial Style.jpg

Lin's Revised Style.jpg

Hi Gary,

The only differences you are seeing are the description of the master and bordered internal image control frame which are irrelevant. The "bloat" had to do with two png images which were unused but carried in the code and could not be seen by the user.

The styles, bloated or not, have no effect on PTE. PTE "reads" the information in the styles just as it reads information you give it when you create a slide. Styles do not change PTE in any way so there is no possibility of a style "corrupting" PicturesToExe. When I created the video I was using the 3:2 aspect ratio style which has slightly different descriptions of the Master and Inner image controlling frames than the 16:9 version even though they are functionally identical other than being useful for different aspect ratios.

I would suggest deleting both styles then downloading them again from the links above. The present compact (with the two png images removed) 3:2 style will say "Master Control Frame" and "Windowed Image Control Frame".  The 16:9 style will say "Master Control Frame" and "Inner Image Control Frame" in the descriptions.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin...Yes, I see the Styles have different descriptions in the first two lines for each Style. But I think you got the descriptions backwards in your posting above. They should be reversed, 3:2 vs 16:9.

So I am back in the  same boat. I just can not run these Styles without the error messages and the File List being affected.

Hope Igor can figure out the problem. Yes, I have deleted both Styles and imported yours again. No change, still get errors.

Thanks... Gary

17 minutes ago, Lin Evans said:

No Gary - the description is correct - not reversed...

See video below:

Lin....Ok... But there has been some confusion for me with the first two lines of the Styles.

Now I get: Master Control Frame & Windowed Image Control Frame for 3:2; and Master Image Control Frame & Windowed Image Control Frame for 16:9.

Your first video shows: Master Image Control Frame for Size and Position & Control Frame for Inner Image Size and Position for 3:2; and no example for 16:9.

Your second video shows: Master Control Frame & Inner Image Control Frame for 3:2; and Master Control Frame & Inner Image Control Frame for 16:9.

Even your second video's lines do not match what I am getting now. It has been a bit confusing with these different descriptions. The Styles seem to work for everyone else. I'll just leave it where it is and hope Igor can figure out the error messages. :rolleyes:

Thanks... Gary