WnSoft Forums

4k exe file size

bogari0171

Hi Claudio, 

When you create an exe file with a 32 bit system the absolute limitation is 2 gigabytes. It's not specific to the software but to the operating system and hardware limitations. Video size can be greater but not executable code. So yes, PTE like any other 32 bit system is limited to 2 gb for executable files. Perhaps in the future on 64 bit systems it may be possible to create larger than 2 gigabyte executable files. If your executable file is nearing 2 gigabytes in size I would suggest using the "safe for internet" feature which produces a much smaller executable kernel with a secondary data file.

Best regards,

Lin 

Thanks Lin.

I just wanted to know what was the reason for  a 2 GBytes limitation. I think you gave me a reasonable explanation which I was not aware of . So the limitation is not due to a specific sw but to a specific operating system.

I am aware of the techniques for reducing the size, but I was stimulated by a friend who uses a different sw for slideshows and was curious to know wheather such limitation was also present in PTE.  

Now  I fully understand the problem

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio

Lin, I have been reconsidering the issue and I am a little bit puzzled again.

With a 32 bit system I could, in principle, have an address capability of 2exp32, corresponding to 4 294 967 296, which just above 4 GB, well above  2 GB (practically the double).

So it seems to me that a 32 bit system could allow a maximum of 4 GB, whether a limit of 2 Gb should be given by a 31 bit system.

I am a little bit confused with 31 and 32.

Could you please clarify where am I wrong?

Thanks again

Claudio