WnSoft Forums

(Solved) Mystery File Corrupts...

Lin Evans

I've installed and uninstalled Version 9 multiple times and have an issue I can't seem to resolve on one of my systems. I had a couple PNG images which kept embedding themselves in my styles. I deleted these and again created my styles and there were no problems with size bloat and no reference any longer. A hex editor search showed that they were no longer being referenced in the style code.  Now, after installing PTE 9.09 multiple times, each time I attempt to create an executable file, I get a message that one of these two files is missing. Somehow, PTE 9 keeps looking for a file which has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lin

Hi Dave,

No, can't get passed the error. I opened the PTE file in my hex editor and the reference is there so obviously wherever the PTE file is getting the information is where the referenced file is being sourced. I'm systematically going through all the dll's and files in the PTE 9 code to see if I can find this reference, but so far drawing a blank.

Lin 

Yes, even with only a blank and attempt to save it's still looking for both the mystery files even though it only references one. If I look in the PTE file both are referenced. I though perhaps that PTE was using an alternate template but in checking this I discovered that PTE 9 on my system would not use any of the other templates (the other two templates appear to have been referenced from PTE 8 since I've never created a template for 9).

Lin

It makes no sense.

If you are using the PTE 9 Uninstaller and you have no legacy Beta versions how can it come back?

Igor always suggests that if you are asked to load "something" at the end of the installation that you refuse.

Get rid of everything using the PTE (9) Uninstallers and start from scratch. It should then ask for your serial.

The Template Section should say "Blank Project - Template for new projects".

DG

I finally solved the problem by removing all existing PTE code from the registry and reinstalling. Apparently PTE 9 was picking up some obscure reference to a template somewhere. I changed the default template storage to something easier and quicker to find and did a thorough search and there is no longer a reference to these two files. I do have beta versions but they are not being associated. Who knows...

Best regards,

Lin