WnSoft Forums

Print Screen

stonemason

Hi Jill I'm afraid to say its not, create a slideshow in version 9 export to exe run it and do a print screen. The image will be captured. This is a serious oversight as far as I'm concerned and should be reinstated as a matter of urgency

The issue is that because there are so many free and economical screen capture tools available which are immune to anything which can be done in PTE code, this feature no longer assures anyone that their images will not be captured. 

If an image is displayed on the screen, it can easily be captured with or without the PTE's anti-print screen feature. My guess is that this is why it was dropped as a feature.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin In my opinion if the anti-print screen feature prevents even a percentage of image theft, then for code that already existed to be removed is short sighted to say the least. It means that for me, on one particular project, having paid for version 9 I have to revert to using version 8. Because I'm dealing with other peoples images I have to show that the software I'm using does all it can to protect their images. If the reasons you give are correct then I'm most disappointed that Wnsoft have not at least done all they can to protect against image theft.

Best regards

Geoff

Geoff

There are some things worth pursuing and some not and this is firmly in the not camp. As Lin says, it's easy to capture the screen, whether wnsoft tries to protect it or not.

Think about it, those who would be defeated by what was in PTE previously are not threat to you or anyone else. Those who are a threat can step around the issue easily. I use a simple little program called hypersnaps and I can capture the screen while your show is playing.

I fully understand your concern, but the harsh reality is that anyone who wants a photo bad enough to steal it from a slideshow at screen resolution will have the tools to do so. Simple utilities such as Irfanview, Fastone Image Viewer, Screenshot Captor, Duck Capture, SnapDraw, Lightscreen, Cropper, Snipping Tool, Screen Grab Pro, Jing, Puush, Capture it Plus, Capture View, Easy Capture, Foxarc Screen Capture, Gadwin Printscreen, Greenshot, Horizon33, Lightshot, MW Snap, Printkey 2000, PrtScr, Screen Capturer, ScreenHunter Free, Screenpresso, Shotty, SnapShot, VVCap, ZScreen, etc, etc,  all bypass any possible security with PicturesToExe or any other presentation slideshow product. 

People need to understand that if they put their images out there at any reasonable resolution where they can be stolen and used for profit by another they can and if they are good enough will be stolen. There is absolutely nothing that Wnsoft or any other company can do to prevent that. Having an "anti-print screen" feature is functionally useless because people who are in the business of theft for profit will get your images if they want them.

Best regards,

Lin

You can't stop people from screen grabbing your images but, you can prevent those stolen images from being of much use to the thief by keeping the resolution and size down.

Try saving your slide show images with the 'Save for Web' feature in Photoshop.

Personally, if anyone wants to 'steal' my images, I would take that as a compliment!

Ronnie West.

I understand all the arguments put forward, but still think that unless there is a good technical reason for removing that piece of existing code, then it should be kept in version 9. It may be a token effort at protecting images, but that's not a good reason for removing it. If there is a good and valid reason for it's removal, I would be interested to hear that reasoning from Igor.

Regards

Geoff