WnSoft Forums

Critical Sound Volume Changes

This came up originally while making the PTE-9 Promo, but it surfaced again on another show I made. The ability to adjust critical sound volume in the Time Line when blending music, commentary and perhaps sound effects is still a fiddly and annoying aspect of PTE for me.

I am a user of a Wacom Graphics Tablet and in all other respects it is far superior to any mouse for fine control, but not with PTE sound, but I suspect the mouse is just as fiddly.

It is almost impossible to drag volume down to 6% and remove the pointer and have the value remain at 6%. The hand has to be so still to achieve it and I find I miss 4 times out of 5, often the volume will jump to 15%. I appreciate, the width of the music edit area can be increased, but I don't want to have to go into settings to achieve that. Three reasons:

1. It takes too long
2. It takes up too much real estate on screen and needs to be constantly reset.
3. In critical work I am making volume adjustment often and it gets painful to achieve

I would like a value box so in critical adjustments I could change 6% to 4%. Try doing that without making the width of the wave file 400% and you will get frustrated. I would like to be able to click an audio key-point and have a value box open that I can ignore if I want to drag to change volume, or over-type the volume value if I don't....

So it is a Wacom problem?

I thought that they were able to simulate scroll wheel. Looking at the specifications for various models I see "scroll" mentioned.

Please note (EVERYONE) that I did not disagree - I merely pointed out the Hotkey available which is not "fiddly" at all and it takes less than a second to adjust the height of a track to around 400% (width in the southern hemisphere). A 1% increment is "easy-peasy" and return to 100% height takes less than a second again.

Igor will be back soon and will probably do it for you immediately.

DG

I don't use my Wacom tablet and I found my Logitech mouse (MX Master) precise  to adjust the sound level in a track displayed at 100%.

I'm not asking for an emergency correction, but it would be more confortable to be able to enter a precise value for sound level.

the present system is not easy.