WnSoft Forums

Just the result of a boring, rainy night in Colorado with nothing else to do. I thought it would be fun to experiment with the color capabilities of PTE 9 and the result was fun...

Lin

Interesting what people do with their time to deal with boredom ☺☺ Nice !

BTW, the link that came out in the e-mail notification didn't work, but I went to the posting and all was well.

Sorry about the email link - it was a mistake which sent the viewer to my YouTube video edit page, which of course, only I have the ability to reach. Because the link worked for me I mistakenly thought it was good but after looking carefully I realized my mistake and posted the correct one which embedded the show.

Best regards,

Lin

Excellent realization Lin and thanks for sharing the video

I have two questions:

1. How could you make the earth revolving smoothly? I tried with GIF images, but it is always step by step.

2. The wings movement is beautiful. Why did you not try to put the wings fixed on Angel bodies, rather than looking  them like a separate object?

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

The best way to have a planetary body move smoothly is to create it via video rather than by gif or png images. Many, many years ago I created a smoothly rotating Earth animation by small PNG still images sequenced and using variable opacity for smoothness. It took over six hundred small PNG images to accomplish realistic smooth rotation. Video is so much easier. Either use Photoshop extended versions or if you don't have photoshop, download the freeware Celestia (link below) and use their capture video feature to capture Earth's rotation with or without atsmophere. Then use a circular mask in PTE to run the video in and put whichever type starfield or astronomical galaxy software you wish as the background.

https://celestiaproject.net/

It's not possible, at least in my experience, to make realistic, fluid, wing motion when the wings are attached to the subject - at least not the type motion one could imagine for a mythical creature such as an angel which stands erect like a human yet flys like a bird. If the wings were firmly attached to the subject, the motion possible would be stilted and stiff and look much like animated, cardboard butterfly flight without the flexibility of real wing motion. Watch slow motion images of birds in flight and you see that their wings have multiple type motions moving both up and down in relation to the Earth as well as longitudinally along the axis of their own bodies. Depending on their flight patterns and their surroundings, there are wide variances in their motion. To get angel wings motion to look fluid, they must move not only forward and backward but also up and down. Since it's a fantasy creation - one must use imagination.

Best regards,

Lin  

Thanks Lin,  always clear and complete as usual!

I have Photoshop CC and I will try again according to your suggestions.

For the wings I understand the effective difficulties and I appreciate the artistic effects that you achieved.

Thanks again

Saluti

Claudio