WnSoft Forums

MP3

petejack

A couple of days ago it was reported on the web about the 'death of the mp3' music format.

"The mp3 format is officially dead After 25 long years of success, the mp3 file format has officially been discontinued this week." said the headline.

Does this in any way alter the way that we create and save our slideshows. I normally produce MP4, select convert to MP3 for the audio.

I have never used the WAV format as I believe it can inflate the file size somewhat!

I know that for now on my equipment I am good for sometime, But I did invest in Betamax!

Cheers Pete.

It only means that MP3 format is now completely free from any patents. Any software/hardware developers can now add support of MP3 format without paying royalties to patent holders. It's a new life for MP3,  and not a death for MP3.

MP3 is a very popular format and it will be supported many many years. PicturesToExe will always support MP3 format. You should not worry about any possible problems with support of MP3 in PicturesToExe.