WnSoft Forums

Mixed Disk

stonemason

Does anyone have experience of putting both .exe files and .mp4 files on the same DVD disc, not burnt as DVD but a data disk. My question is if such a disk was placed in a stand alone DVD player would it play the .mp4 files and ignore the .exe's or would the .exe's prevent it reading the disk at all.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

1. Usually all DVD players (always 10 years) can play single video files recorded as a data DVD (not DVD-Video). In this case, a DVD player simply will ignore EXE file or other not-supported formats.

2. Please note that many DVD players do not support MP4 video files in H.264 format. Only Blu-ray player can play such video files.

For DVD players please create AVI files in PTE with resolution 720 x 405 (or so). Probably 1024 x 576 will be supported, too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 10:33 AM, Contentawarephil said:

Geoff,

A BD player will read it as a data disc and allow the mp4 to run. But it will be subject to "TV Safe" zone and some of the mp4 will b lost.

Older DVD Players? 

Dont know.

Phil

Phil,

I copied a bunch of MP4 PTE shows to a DVD as data and tried to play them on my JVC BD player. They don't play. Am I missing something? I looked at the documentation and 'MP4' was not even mentioned as being a format it plays. Maybe my JVC BD player is too old? Can, in fact, DVD players play MP4's?

Gary