WnSoft Forums

Aspect Ratio again - But Should I also crop my Images accordingly?

Xenofex2

Whilst, I think, I do now finally have a basic understanding of Aspect Ratio, putting together a/v's for family pleasure, it is something that I have never really worried about. I use whatever is the default setting in P2E and the resultant exe file plays okay so seemingly no real problem.

However I have started thinking about it again as I want to use Lin's excellent Wedding Style (available on this website) for a belated Wedding Book for our son's wedding when the memories of the day came in prints and so now are tucked away in drawers somewhere. Just thought it would be something different for their coming Anniversary. I have therefore now scanned these photos and those of a landscape size range between 2528 x 1414 - 2158 x 1422. As LIn's Style is in 3:2 Aspect Ratio, should I then also be cropping these images to say 1500 x 1000, which I think is a 3:2 ratio?  Is this important?

George

Hi George,

It's only important that you first read the instructions with the style. You need only  use the 3:2 aspect ratio for the three images chosen for the style. The first image will appear when the book opens, the second after the first image page turns and the last image which returns to the book before closing. The style creates a total of eight images. All the intermediate images not created by the style which you use in your slideshow can be of whatever aspect ratio you desire keeping in mind that if you use other styles for the intermediate images, they may have their own requirements for aspect ratio. For example, you may want to use Dave's very nice album styles for the main parts of your show. Some of them require a portrait orientation, some a landscape orientation, etc. I chose the 3:2 aspect ratio for the style because it's the default aspect ratio for professional dSLR's which are used by the majority of wedding photographers. 

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes I understand about the instructions and have watched your actual Video Tutorial on the use of the Style that has definitely helped me.

But sorry for being really thick about this but regret to say I still need help and clarification. So for those first three images then, I should be using images that I have first selectively cropped to 1500 x 1000?

Must also though add a thankyou for the reference to Dave's Album Style that I will be checking out.

George

Hi George,

Yes, or some other size which equals 3:2 such as 3000 x 2000 pixels. Set PTE to the 3:2 aspect ratio, put in the three images which are 3:2 aspect ratio then select all three and apply the style which will create a total of 8 images. Then add as many images as you wish of whatever aspect ratio you need which conforms to the requirement for any other style(s) you might choose. Just be certain to move images five through 8 to the end of the entire sequence and also don't forget to correct the names and dates where needed on the images affected by the style. When you use the 3:2 aspect ratio for your original three images, the style will create the other five images in the correct aspect ratio. The images you add other than these original three (a total of eight) can be of any desired aspect ratio suitable for your show and corresponding to the aspect ratios needed for any other styles you may choose such as Dave's album styles, etc.

Best regards,

Lin