WnSoft Forums

Encoding Mp3 audio

Igor

Can you give some thought to changing the way this small "Encoding Mp3 audio" window works. I always convert tracks to Mp3 for exe files, but the "Encoding Mp3 audio" always sits on the top of any other program I open, sometimes forcing me to sit and wait for the process to complete.

I make a camera club slide show every month and I just timed this process at 50s. This is OK, but it should continue in the background so I can multi-task and keep working without that  "Encoding Mp3 audio" window sitting in the middle of the screen

snap392.jpg

Greetings All,

I had not used this feature in the past. So I just tried it on a couple shows.

In the first test, I had only a couple slides with an audio track that lasted much longer than the actual slides. So the result was that the 'converted' show was about half the size of the 'non-converted' show. Ok.

But then I tried it on a much larger show where the many audio files ended with the end of the images in the show. The unexpected result was that the 'converted' show is actually larger than the 'non-converted' show. Is there any explanation why this would happen?

GaryConvertMP3-compare.jpg.c6b32baef1c80339d375d1bd57598852.jpg

Gary,

It depends on file size of source audio files.

For example, if original audio files are MP3 with 128kbps and you convert to 256kbps, the final size of an EXE file will be larger.

This option is useful when you work with WAV files. Or if you mix audio clips on several tracks. Or you cut audio clips on the timeline.

If you add single MP3 file without any editing, or add several audio clips on one track, this option would be useless.

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

It depends on file size of source audio files.

For example, if original audio files are MP3 with 128kbps and you convert to 256kbps, the final size of an EXE file will be larger.

This option is useful when you work with WAV files. Or if you mix audio clips on several tracks. Or you cut audio clips on the timeline.

If you add single MP3 file without any editing, or add several audio clips on one track, this option would be useless.

Igor, Yes, I did not think of the 256 vs 128 kbps.

Thanks... Gary