WnSoft Forums

PUBLISHED HD MP4 FILE WITH PROBLEM

orizaba

Since I moved from old PTE v8.0.21 to actual V9.0.10, I can see that quality of published HD video is "different".

Using old v8.0.21 and versions before, I never got the problems like shown on the attached files 01 and 02 which are from v9.0.10. Original frame is attached file 03.02..thumb.jpg.062ea4738894bf353593efd63e9c4970.jpg03.thumb.jpg.7e8f3346e918a724bd8e6e5e61e9ff7d.jpg

These snapshots are from a slide which is slow panning from right to left. This slide (and other similar slides) are from a PTE project, but I can see same problem with several PTE projects made with v9.

My computer and all used software did not change at all, so, problem must have to do with the way the HD MP4 is built in PTE v9.

I must say that this problem shows when I play the MP4 on my computer using Nero MediaHub, VLC, Media Player Classic, etc.. But it did not show by the time of v8.0.21 and before.

By chance, when I play the same MP4 using my Media Player "Popcorn Hour A-210" from Cloud Media (that is were I keep all my videos to show on TV), this problem does not show, and I am happy for that!

What can be the reason of this problem? What is different in v9 from v8, concerning the way the MP4 is built?

José 

01.jpg

José,

1. Please send me a test project (as short as possible) to reproduce this problem. All project files in a ZIP archive.

2. Screenshot with your parameters for video output (width & height of video, framerate, quality/bitrate).

3. Sample video file where I can see this problem.

Hi Igor,

Please download from Dropbox all you asked for.

This project I am sending you is a small part of the big project to which belongs.

I am sending you the MP4 file published with 1 pass, but problem occurs as well with MP4 published with 2 pass, Bitrate 20000, 30p.

The "Playing" screenshot is from playing the MP4 in my computer using Nero Media Hub.

I hope you find the cause of this problem.

Regards,

Jose

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nmtzf6tluxv31k/Problema 01.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6smozsx4mx7ad9y/Problema 01_Jun6-2017_16-58-35.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y26pn48j6xdlcqi/Problema 01.pte?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a03gphjigv0vel8/Publish.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4nguos8d307wnu/Playing.jpg?dl=0

Jose.

Thanks for the files.

I could see only once this problem with Windows Media Player. Second time it didn't happen again. VLC and MPC HC players worked correctly.

I created my MP4 video file from your project on Windows 10. Please check how to plays on your computer:

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/Problema-01-2.zip 

Please note that PicturesToExe 9 is not officially compatible with Windows XP. System requirements for version 9.0:

http://www.wnsoft.com/en/picturestoexe/download/

http://www.wnsoft.com/en/picturestoexe/requirements/

Windows XP could cause incorrect work of video encoders.

Hi Igor,

My both computers run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 100% updated, not XP, and problem shows on both.

Graphic cards are AMD Radeon HD8970M and AMD Radeon 5700 Series, drivers are updated.

CPUs are Intel Core i7-4900MQ and Intel Core i5.

Problem is that this problem only shows after upgrading to PTE v9, not when I used v8.

Your MP4 made on Windows 10 shows exactly the same problem on my both computers.

However, you say that you saw this problem only once on WMP. How can you explain that one time?

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Igor,

Thanks for your testing.

I played all 4 files using Nero Media Hub (which is the one I usualy use).

First 3 files gave exactly the same big problem.

The file "Problema 01_PTE10-NVENC" played with no problem at all.

But, using MediaInfo, I can see that you got this good result downgrading Bitrate from my usual 20 Mbps to only 5000 Kbps, so getting 0,077 bits/pixel*frame instead of my usual 0,161 bit/pixel*frame. This means a much poor image. And the fact is that in former PTE v8 I still used Bitrate 20 Mbps and got no problem at all. So, why?

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

Currently I have one guess. All these video players use hardware acceleration. Probably hardware decoders (or drivers) work incorrectly for some reason. Please try to update manually drivers for your video card (NVIDIA or AMD?). It may help to solve this problem.

I didn't hear about similar problem from other users yet.

Igor,

Thanks for your testing.

I have now updated driver for my graphic card AMD Radeon HD8970M (a quite recent update) and things are running better: now, the only player giving this problem is Nero Media Hub, while all other players run without this problem! May be you are right, problem can be with the player itself, but why in former PTE v8 this problem never showed, even with Nero Media Hub?

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

I'm glad that this problem is almost solved.

In PTE 9 we use a newer version of video encoders than in PTE 8. 

Video format H.264 is a very complex and includes many parameters and optimizations. Probably the new version of a video encoder uses slightly different combination of parameters. A fact that the new drivers partially solved the problem can indicate that a hardware decoder in your video card worked incorrectly for some reason.

I will watch for this situation if other users will report about same problem.

• 2 months later...

Hi Igor,

This problem still exists, all these months latter. I think this newer version of PTE 9 video encoders is not so good and reliable as former PTE 8 version, and this problem is causing me a lot of troubles indeed. I would thank you very much for trying to solve this as soon as possible, as in former PTE 8 version I NEVER had any problem with my published MP4 files, this is the reality.

Now I have another problem related with this:

As you know, I make big PTE projects, mainly using 90% video clips and 10% photos. Because of PTE 32-bit native version, I have to make several partial projects and join respective MP4 files together after. I always used software "MP4 Joiner" (joining without reencoding) and result in former PTE 8 version was perfect. Now, with PTE 9, this "MP4 Joiner" does not work!

As an alternative, I convert my MP4 files into MKV files (using MKV Toolnix, no reencoding), and I try to merge new MKV files into 1 sole MKV file (again, using MKV Toolnix). Error!

I am now making another big PTE project. I already built my first MP4 file (2 pass, 60fps, 20Mbps) (4,02 GB, 28:30,149 containing 201 slides, mostly video clips). I tried to join this MP4 file with a second MP4 file of same project, and after some 6 trials I did not get any result, it seams that both MP4 files are not identical (same parameters) and no joining software is able to join them without reencoding! This is a big problem! I remember that with former PTE 8 version I never had such trouble, things were reliable!

Please, understand that this is serious. If you want, I can send you both MP4 files and you try to analyze them and join them if you can.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

I try to merge mp4 video of my slide shows with ffmpeg and it works ( 18 mp4 files and the result is 6.3 GB

The command line is: ffmpeg.exe -f concat -i liste.txt -c copy out.mp4

and liste.txt is a file containing the list of all mp4 video to be merged:

file 'file1.mp4'

file 'file2.mp4'

file 'file3.mp4'

My video are made with quality 100 60 fps

Denis

Hi Denis,

I could try to use such command line. Please, just let me know in detail how, I mean, where must I locate the mp4 files to join, etc.. Anyhow, why PTE9 mp4 files do not work as former PTE8 files did?

Concerning your mp4 files, you use 60fps, quality 100. Did you notice that this gives a much poor result than using 2-pass, 60fps, 20Mbps? Usually, 2-pass produces a file with 0,161 bits/pixel*frame, while 1-pass (quality 100) produces almost half this value, so quality is not so good, and we can clearly note the difference.

Jose

Hi Jose,

I use Quality 100 (that means CRF=18) because I cannot see difference with higher quality with PTE9. The x264 encoder is better now and PTE9 quality 100 is better than PTE 8 quality 100 (the CRF value was 20)

For ffmpeg use,  if you install it, just put your mp4 and the file liste.txt in the same directory.

But I think that you can make mp4 bigger than 4 GB with PTE9 directly: what is important is that the muxer can do that, not that PTE is 32 bits.

I try  and made a 7.85 GB mp4 video directly with PTE.

Denis

On 14.08.2017 at 5:26 PM, orizaba said:

Now, with PTE 9, this "MP4 Joiner" does not work!

As an alternative, I convert my MP4 files into MKV files (using MKV Toolnix, no reencoding), and I try to merge new MKV files into 1 sole MKV file (again, using MKV Toolnix). Error!

Jose,

I performed quick testing of MP4 Joiner and MKV Toolnix.  Both software utilities could work with PTE 9 MP4 files.

I created two short test projects (2 slides). Default video parameters (1920 x 1080, High quality, 30p).

Can you perform same test with 2 short projects?

I'm not sure that MP4 Joiner should work correctly with MP4 files which were encoded with 2 pass mode.

Igor,

With former PTE 8, MP4 Joiner always worked 100% correct with my MP4 files always encoded with 2 pass mode, I never used Quality mode. So the problem is not with MP4 Joiner, neither with MKV Toolnix, but with PTE9.

I am not interested to create 2 short sample projects, I have my own big projects to join and I would expect to join them but this is not possible using the usual MP4 Joiner or even MKV Toolnix. In this meantime I can let you know that I succeeded to join my projects using a VLC command line which I discovered in the Internet, and it worked perfectly. Point is that PTE9 has something new which does not allow MP4 Joiner to work. Yes, you already said, PTE9 uses different encoders, but I suspect these new encoders have some kind of problem, much anoying, not to speak of my other problem concerning the ghosts, as I already reported you some months ago, including some samples I sent you.

May be you should like to receive my actual big PTE9 projects which I want to join. I could send them to you by WE TRANSFER, and you could analyze them.

Best regards,

Jose

Jose, 

PTE 9 uses same video encoder as PTE 8, it's only newer version. We use default parameters for the video encoder and we set only a few parameters. Anyway we can't do anything with a problem which you described. Sorry.

As I understand this situation, it's not guaranteed that any two MP4 video file (even encoded with same parameters) can be joined correctly.

I will check again with different parameters later.

Try to reproduce this problem with as possible short projects and then send me these 2 projects with all files in a ZIP archive.