WnSoft Forums

Mouse clicks through to underlying Mask Stencil

CanyonJim

Running PTE 9.0.10:

If a Mask Container completely overlaps the location of an object not included in the mask and I try to click on that other object the Mask Stencil object (in my case a Rectangle) gets selected instead of the object I click on.  This happens whether the mask is in front of or behind the other object.  I cannot use the mouse to graphically manipulate the other object at all.  I have to manipulate it using the Animation settings and get it away from the mask before I can access it graphically with the mouse.

Hello,

Yes, it's a side effect with selection of objects if Mask contains added to a slide. I tried to improve selection of objects insde Mask Stencil and Mask Content.

We need to think if this algorithm can be re-worked or improved.

• 4 months later...

Hi Igor

I am  using PTE Deluxe 9.0.13 and have a PNG mask (Layer 0) as one of the objects on the slide and getting the same behaviour. It is a bit of a pain to keep using the Pan and Zoom settings to get an object (welly cutout) and the Text box moving across the screen to where I want it to go. Is there a fix in the pipeline?

Brian

image.png.6f7f22658013d997c7377c6b001d2db6.png

jt49

Thanks for your tip as well, I am in the early stages of producing the sequence so not able to test to see if performance is affected. I have tried your suggestion and I am able to select and move the objects individually which is great. But what the consequences when running a show if I use DG's suggestion?

Brian