WnSoft Forums

Resource Folder for Styles

When I make a slideshow using the Wedding - 3 Portrait - Style, a folder appears on my desktop.   The name of the folder is "slideshowname.resources.    Within that folder there is a folder whose name is a bunch of letters and numbers strung together with hyphens.   Inside that folder is a JPEG which serves as the background of the style.  

Styles baffle and bewilder me.   I love using them straight "out of the box" but have never understood the concept of downloading a style to import.    (Yes, I have read the tutorials and I have experimented.)   Having expressed my ignorance, I have a question.

Could someone shed some light on the purpose /use of that resource folder and the JPEG that is in it?    Can it be deleted?    

Thanks.   

Hello,

Some slide styles contain background pictures (for attractive view).

When you apply such style, PicturesToExe 9 copies used images from this style to a project folder (projectname.resource).

It allows you easily transfer this project to another computer, even if another installation of PicturesToExe 9 does not have this slide style. Your project does not depend on applied slide style.

If you re-work your slide, delete it, or apply another slide style, PicturesToExe 9 will automatically remove projectname.resouce folder (when it's not necessary).

1 hour ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Hello,

Some slide styles contain background pictures (for attractive view).

When you apply such style, PicturesToExe 9 copies used images from this style to a project folder (projectname.resource).

It allows you easily transfer this project to another computer, even if another installation of PicturesToExe 9 does not have this slide style. Your project does not depend on applied slide style.

If you re-work your slide, delete it, or apply another slide style, PicturesToExe 9 will automatically remove projectname.resouce folder (when it's not necessary).

Thank you Igor.