WnSoft Forums

PTE 9 'Out of memory' creating HD video

PhillDB

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

I’ve made a slide show in PTE 9 using a combination of the ‘3 portraits’ and the ’10 portraits’ wedding slide styles.

There are 23 pieces of audio spread over 7 tracks and there are 113 images.

The show is a fraction less than 8 minutes long.

I can create a .exe file of the show with no problems but when I try to create an HD video version I get an ‘Out of memory’ message. This message appears multiple times in rapid succession.

The process will keep running but takes up to about 55 minutes to complete. The resulting HD video file plays the first use of a slide style then the images progress no further.

However, the audio continues to play as expected.

I’ve searched online for a solution but haven’t been able to find one.

Any ideas?

Thank you for any help you can give with this.

Hi,

Please check a version of PicturesToExe 9. The latest versionis 9.0.10. It fixes several known issues with video output.

If you already have the latest version tell me what pixel size of images used for ‘3 portraits’ and the ’10 portraits’ slides? Width and height.

Thanks for your reply Igor.

The images could possible be a bit large at 5184 x 3456 pixels but I have used similar sizes before with no problems.

I have upgraded to 9.0.10 but the out of memory issue is still there.

The show I am having problems with is built as follows:  5 x 10 portrait styles at the beginning of the show, followed by a series of individual images, then 2 x 10 portraits styles at the end.

I have experimented with removing the 10 portraits slide styles from the beginning and reverting to basic single images, but leaving the two at the end. The HD video creation then works fine until it reaches the last image of first 10 portrait styles at the end. it then freezes .

Could the issue be with the 10 portraits style?

Yes, I think

10 Portrait style includes 10 images on one slide, and if you use several styles, PTE should load around 30 very large images together in the system memory. So we have "out of memory" problem

Usually this problem does not occur if images are placed on separate slides, because PicturesToExe loads only 3 slides (at same time into system memory).

If you create your project for 1920 x 1080 screens, I recommend to optimize your images and reduce pixe size. 2592 x 1728 would be a good solution for this project.

In future, when PTE will become a 64 bit application, this problem will not occur anymore.