Mick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very much for your help!

We found an exact reason of this problem and fixed it completely. 

You can continue use latest official version 9.0.11 where this error message does not occur. We'll include the final solution to a nearest update.

Hi Igor

I juste installed the last PTE 9.0.12 and all is OK regarding the font button feature.

I just noticed a little latency between the time I clicked on the font button and the available policies list to be displayed (I didn't feel that with the 9.0.11)

Regards

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your help. I too installed the 9.0.12 and the font button is working fine but like chanfi22 there  is a delay after pressing the font button and the display of the font list.

Mick

Hi Igor

Yvan (French DIAPOSITIF member) tested successfully the 9.0.12. But he noticed a very long latency (up to 10 seconds)

On my side I verified with the 9.0.11 and noticed a little latency about 1 to 1.5 seconds.

With 8.0.22 no latency observed

Question : for our knowledge could you explain (in simple words) the exact reason of this problem?

Regards

15 hours ago, Mick said:

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your help. I too installed the 9.0.12 and the font button is working fine but like chanfi22 there  is a delay after pressing the font button and the display of the font list.

Mick

We will try to speed up access to list of fonts in next updates.

6 hours ago, chanfi22 said:

Question : for our knowledge could you explain (in simple words) the exact reason of this problem?

For some fonts (Adobe Arabic, Adobe Arabic Regular) a system function (in Windows) CreateFont() works correctly, but a call of GetTextMetricsW() returns result "false". It seems that this problem occur if a cache of fonts exists in Windows folder. Really strange problem.

4 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

We will try to speed up access to list of fonts in next updates.

For some fonts (Adobe Arabic, Adobe Arabic Regular) a system function (in Windows) CreateFont() works correctly, but a call of GetTextMetricsW() returns result "false". It seems that this problem occur if a cache of fonts exists in Windows folder. Really strange problem.

Hi Igor

I confirm this issue regarding the cache font. When erasing the cache font file " Fntcache.dat " in Sytem32 directory the issue was not alive. But following the next computer restart without erasing the Fntcache.dat file the issue was on. Strange problem, I agree.

Thanks for your explanation and your ability to solve this issue.

Regards.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, Jean-Cyprien said:

You're welcome, Sybalan.

We all like PTE very much.

In France we have the same word "aimer" to say "to like" or "to love".

And it is said that when one loves (or likes !) , one doesn't count !

Regards

Hi Jean-Cyprien, 

I love PTE, I first found out about it through the Camera Club, some of the members used it for making their AV for our AV competitions, sadly not enough member entered the AV competition now, only 3 of us last season,  so the club has stopped doing that competition. 

I like to make AV's with my images for myself  it's a nice way to look at them, also to make for special birthdays for family with all the old photographs,  There are a few software programs I would not be without and PTE is one of the top three 

Thank you 

• Igor changed the title to Font Button Not working [SOLVED]