WnSoft Forums

Go to slide with name

Jiellesse

I use the version number 9.0.10 (last one available ?). The "Go to slide with name" button does not work properly: sometimes it goes to the right slide, sometimes it goes to the first slide. I don't know in which context it works. Changing the name of the slide has changed the behavior one time, but trying with another button the same action does not work. Any idea ? Many thanks.

I have removed most of the slides from the original slideshow and the behavior is now different. However it is still bad...

When you click on the buttons slide 2: Izoard and Abries are OK, Ristolas is not. Any time you change something, the behavior change, therefore it was difficult to make a small exemple.

I have noticed another strange behavior: changing quickly the name of the slide, I made a mistake and I have added a name for a sound file. There is an error when you save the file, which is right, but in the screen the list of lacking file is empty.

Thanks for your time!

File in the next post because if you post then delete a file before sending (replace a file in fact), the size of the previous file is not subtracted.

This is a temporary "solution" for a small example, but not for a slideshow with 250 slides and numerous links. I have already renewed all these links between buttons and slide names several times with no result: to make changes without any logical reason to try if the modified slideshow would work has combinatorial limit! The only solution for me is to split the slideshow into smaller ones, and then to replace the "goto" by "run a slideshow".

Anyway, the problem exists and is not fixed: when the slide index is wrong, the goto slide 1 is forced.

JL

There is an odd behavior of V8 and V9 in cases when you have a slide with a name that is different from the name of the included main image, and if you then delete the slide name.

Example: You insert a new blank slide, open its O&A window, and insert some main image, say MyImage.jpg. Save the project. Now open the project file with a text editor, and you will see for your new slide "SlideID=Blank". Open the project again, open the new slide's options and delete the slide name "Blank". Click OK and save the project. The slide list now shows our new slide with the name "MyImage". But if we look at the project file again, we see "SlideID=    ". If we now open some other slide and insert a Go To action to our new slide with name "MyImage" but with empty SlideID, the Go To command will not work.