WnSoft Forums

Audio comment bug when opening v7 projects

Urmas

I open a PTE project made with v7 with audio comment added to one slide, the audio comment is missing in PTE9. I add audio comment to a single slide again (of the same "imported show"). Slide options -> Add audio file. When I play slideshow in Mini player - sound is played, when corresponding slide is showed. When I Preview the slideshow (F5 or Ctrl R), the audio comment is not played. Also Audio comment is not playing if I make exe file.

If I add the same mp3 file through Project options as project audio, sound is played as expected.

PTE 9.0.10 (also 9.0.9 has that bug). Windows 10 64-bit (all recent updates including Creators update).

Audio comment.jpg

It seems, that audio comment problem appears when I open an old  PTE project, made with PTE 7 and start to modify it in PTE 9. Initially the audio comment was not read from the PTE 7 project at all and when I added manually the audio comment (while editing in v9), it was played only in Mini player and not in preview (and exe). Did not help, If I save (overwrite) the old PTE 7 file as version 9 file.

If I make the PTE show from the scratch, the audio comment works.

So it seems that some "old code" from v7 is not transferred (translated) info new version. OK, I can redo (edit) these small features manually, no big deal. One cannot expect full backward compatibility of everything. However, it seems, that some problem code from v7 still remains, when I save the project as a v9 file and that causes the mess I described in the first post. That makes impossible to "translate" v7  projects with audio comments into v9.