WnSoft Forums

Text Issue [SOLVED]

Barry Beckham

I am using PTE in the way we would have used Powerpoint in the past and from time to time I want to go back into already created text on a slide and make an adjustment to that text. 

Let's assume there are a couple of lines of text and I want to add a word at the very start of the text. I click to place the cursor in that precise place, but the cursor jumps to a different position. it does not remain where I have placed it and I have to return to the text box and move the cursor again.

Windows 7 - PTE 9.0.11

Does anyone else see this effect

Hi Barry,

I have the same computer setup as yours, Windows 7   PTE 9.0.11. I have no problem with adding additional text.  I added three lines of text and can click in the text edit window at any point within the existing text and add new letters.  The cursor does not move.

HI Barry,

Yes, I've the same effect (also Windows 7 and PTE 9.011)

It occurs when all the lines are not visible in the text box : no problem (for me) with 2 3 or 4 lines, but with 5 lines, or more, the first line becomes invisible.

Then if I place the cursor on the first line - not only at the start of the line - the cursor will jump below.

It is th,e same thing for all the lines that are invisible (above the text box), not only the first line, when a lot of lines is used.

1 hour ago, jevans said:

Hi Barry,

I have the same computer setup as yours, Windows 7   PTE 9.0.11. I have no problem with adding additional text.  I added three lines of text and can click in the text edit window at any point within the existing text and add new letters.  The cursor does not move.

Hi Barry

as Jevans no problem for me to maintain the cursor at the right place. I created a big text (at least 20 lines) and I can edit the text window at any place.

Just a difference with you : Windows 10 vs windows 7

Thank you for all the comments, but it does leave things a little up in the air. As soon as as I get a chance I will try the same project on another W7 computer and a W10

I am not sure it's right though. Never noticed this prior to PTE 9 and W7 is hardly obsolete, yet :)

On 12.08.2017 at 3:17 AM, Barry Beckham said:

I am using PTE in the way we would have used Powerpoint in the past and from time to time I want to go back into already created text on a slide and make an adjustment to that text. 

Let's assume there are a couple of lines of text and I want to add a word at the very start of the text. I click to place the cursor in that precise place, but the cursor jumps to a different position. it does not remain where I have placed it and I have to return to the text box and move the cursor again.

Windows 7 - PTE 9.0.11

Does anyone else see this effect

Barry,

Please try a new test version:

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup.exe

If everything is OK, I will publish final v9.0.12 on Monday.

• Igor changed the title to Text Issue [SOLVED]