WnSoft Forums

Link Audio Tracks-How?

goddi

Greetings,

I know that if you want to move an entire audio track, you hold down the shift key on a point in an audio track and you can slide the entire track from that point on.

However, what if you have several audio tracks and you want to move all the audio tracks at the same time. Is there a way to link all the audio tracks together, and then move all the audio tracks at the same time? I searched the Forum but did not find anything.

Gary

31 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

Do you mean the Project Options | Audio, or the timeline view in the main window?

Greetings Igor,

I'd like to be able to link the audio tracks while in the Timeline, so I can move all the tracks together, equally, at the same time.

Gary

Greetings Igor,

The question is not moving audio files between tracks, as can be don in the Project Options/Audio tab. I want to be able to shift all the audio tracks, left or right, in the Timeline simultaneously. See  screen print.

Gary

Audio Track-Move.jpg

Gary, not at my computer so can't check, but I think this will work.

Link each sound clip to a slide, doesn't matter which as long as they are all linked.

Insert a blank slide at the start and make its duration is equal to the amount you want to shift the tracks by eg 5 secs.

Then unlink all the sound clips and delete the blank slide.

The sound clips should stay in the new position.

Save your project as a new name first just in case!

Jill

14 minutes ago, jkb said:

Gary, not at my computer so can't check, but I think this will work.

Link each sound clip to a slide, doesn't matter which as long as they are all linked.

Insert a blank slide at the start and make its duration is equal to the amount you want to shift the tracks by eg 5 secs.

Then unlink all the sound clips and delete the blank slide.

The sound clips should stay in the new position.

Save your project as a new name first just in case!

Jill

Greetings Jill,

Thanks for your suggestion but in my current project, I have 24 audio files- 3 in one track and 21 in the  second track. Linking each clip to a slide is a non-starter. I could just hold down the shift key and  slide each track separately. But since both tracks are in a relative position that I want to keep, playing with moving each one has potential for creating a  problem.

Wouldn't it  be so much easier if we could link all the tracks and just move one (using the shift key) and keep them all in the same relative position as they are all being moved?

Gary

Hi Gary. I agree, being able to move all tracks along together would be very useful.

The other way which might work, is in Project Options Audio tab & then for each clip add the same offset time.
But again it takes time when you have many clips.

Jill