WnSoft Forums

Display slide number

skipper

My 50th Wedding Anniversary is next month and the children are wanting a 50 year slide show for the celebration.  I have many pictures put into a P2E show and now would like to sit down with my bride and select the ones to leave in the project.  I remember quite some time back that there is a way to have the slide number display on each slide but after searching the forum for some time I figure it would be faster to ask for help.  So this is my request for HELP!!!

Hi Skipper,

Go to the slide list and select all slides. You can do this by clicking on the first then holding down the shift key and clicking on the last slide. When they are all selected, click on "Comment" at the top of your screen. Next click on "insert text template" and choose "slide number" (or whatever you wish from the options). After doing this your selection of template choice(s) will appear on each slide.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I found Text comment option under Project Options, Defaults, Insert template.  Did not work at first but seems to now.  I do not see "Comment" at the top of the screen.  Even though I have it apparently working now I am curious if there is a setting to get that to display?

23 hours ago, skipper said:

Thanks for the reply.  That works great for doing each slide individually, but I was hoping there was a way to have it added to each slide in the project at one time.  Hoping for to much?

Apologies for late reply.

Here is a Style which does it for Single Slides OR the whole project at once. It places the Slide Number in the Bottom Left Corner. If you want it someplace else, just reposition it and create another Style with a different name.

Be aware that Styles will overwrite any existing Animation in a Slide Soooooooooooo.... either apply this as a first step in constructing a show Orrrrrrrrrrrr....... incorporate it into any other Style that you use. :)

Slide Number.ptestyle

DG

Ahh, a trip down Memory Lane. Though not actually relevant to your actual question, I did something similar to your project the other year. However before showing some photos from our wedding, I first showed some of the things that were happening in the year we got married.

Here in the UK, Junctions 1 - 4 of the M4 motorway were opened (the English section of this motorway was not completed for another six years), the 70mph limit on our Motorways was introduced, and on the railways we had 1,071 miles of track torn up. Hanging for murder was initially temporarily introduced and we had a Bread Strike. Oh and The Beatles played to 56,000 fans in New York's Shea Stadium. I included other news items that I thought would be of interest to family and for a soundtrack used music that were in the Charts in that year, edited so that I had around 40 seconds of each track then segued into the next.

Rather than just leaving those old photos gathering dust in an album somewhere, putting together audio visuals highlighting some of those old memories is on my 'to do' list. I just need that kick-start to get going.

George 

I'm working on one 

On 8/17/2017 at 1:15 PM, Xenofex2 said:

Ahh, a trip down Memory Lane. Though not actually relevant to your actual question, I did something similar to your project the other year. However before showing some photos from our wedding, I first showed some of the things that were happening in the year we got married.

Here in the UK, Junctions 1 - 4 of the M4 motorway were opened (the English section of this motorway was not completed for another six years), the 70mph limit on our Motorways was introduced, and on the railways we had 1,071 miles of track torn up. Hanging for murder was initially temporarily introduced and we had a Bread Strike. Oh and The Beatles played to 56,000 fans in New York's Shea Stadium. I included other news items that I thought would be of interest to family and for a soundtrack used music that were in the Charts in that year, edited so that I had around 40 seconds of each track then segued into the next.

Rather than just leaving those old photos gathering dust in an album somewhere, putting together audio visuals highlighting some of those old memories is on my 'to do' list. I just need that kick-start to get going.

George 

I agree, George.  I'm working on one right now for our 60th anniversary.    Great walk down memory lane.