WnSoft Forums

Moving slides in timeline view

JEB

If I recall correctly at one time it was possible to move the order of slides in the timeline view by clicking on a little slide number tag and dragging it to the required position. I can't remember but perhaps you also had to hold down the alt key?

Perhaps this is still possible but I don't see the tags. I have searched “preferences “ looking for an option to switch this on/off without success. I am running the latest version of 9

Regards

John

JEB

I suspect you do mean the Time Line and yes there is a tab on each thumbnail that will allow you to change the position or even change the running order. I do my PTE work almost exclusively in the Time Line these days,  but I have no idea why you don't see the same tag I do.

It's  never been something you have to turn on.

There is a button just above the Timeline that turns the flags on and off. Think it is on the left somewhere.

Not at my computer at the moment so can't check. I always have the flags off as I find them distracting and prefer to always move slides in the slide view. That way I know my timings will be kept.

Jill

Thank you folks,

Jill, you are the firs person I can remember to get one up on Barry!

Thank you all. I've been putting off for ages to ask this question.

Cheers

John

Barry, only kidding as I know you can take it!