WnSoft Forums

Recovered Project

shirleyhogan

I have been working on a PTE show off and on for a couple of months.   I just noticed today that at the top left of screen it says "Recovered Project"  (see attached).

I also have a couple of error messages that I need to ask about but perhaps I should address this first.   Can anyone tell me what that means?

Thanks

Shirley

CapturePTE.JPG

Hello Shirley,

Call "Save As" for this project to remove this text from the caption.

"Recovered Project" title appears if PicturesToExe crashed or it was terminated with Task Manager.

Let me know exact version of PicturesToExe which you use. And tell me more about error messages which you discovered earlier.

Thanks Igor for your response.   I am sorry to be such a problem child.    Detail about three error messages follow: 

#1.   "Frame Engine Exception"

This message appeared several times recently when I tried to change the Font Type on O&A and I would have to use Task Manager to get out of PTE.    (That would explain the Recovered Project notation, I think.)  I read some posts from July about that error message and tried someone's (maybe yours, I'm not sure) suggestion to download PTE Version 9.012.     I did that and the  Font problem seems to be resolved.   The next time I accessed my PTE slideshow, the "Recovered Project" notation was gone. 

#2. "Exception Access Violation in module PicturesToExe at 00091932"

I can't say what I was doing when I saw that error message and I don't know what I did to make it go away.   A similar, if not exact, message has cropped up several times.   Sorry I can't be more descriptive.  If it happens again, I will try to get more information.

#3.  "The folder contains Items whose names are too long for recycle bin."

A folder, which seemed to relate to PTE Styles & Resources,  appeared on my desktop.  It appeared to be in a loop and kept on creating folders.  I can't say for sure how many but their properties show zero bytes but each one contains more folders.   I have not found a way to delete them.  

None of them are causing me problems at the moment.   I know I am not explaining them well enough for anyone to re-create the error message.   But if you have any thoughts I would appreciate hearing them.