WnSoft Forums

Where is "Recovered" .pte file?

LumenLux

While assembling a .pte show, with .jpg and video files, I had manually saved the .pte file, and then tried to publish as an .exe file.  The progress window hung/froze at 50% progress.  I could not cancel the creation of the .exe file, and could not even close down main Pictures to Exe program.  Windows 10 "Task Manager" would also not shut down PTE program window.  Eventually I had to Exit Windows 10 in normal method and then reboot.  Now I can find no trace of the .pte file which I had manually saved.  Should I be able to find a "Recovered" version of my .pte file?  I did find the title of the show that looked possibly too small (252mb), but it turned out to be apparently blank, with no evidence of any content.  Can I find the temporary or other file that PTE would normally use to open my project next time with the "recovered" suffix?  Any other suggestions other than start over?

Hi Robert,

Glad you found the culprit !!!  Hardware issues can be a bear. The saved files are in a folder called "RecoveredProjects"   I believe the default for this for future reference is C:\Documents and Settings\your computer's name\Local Settings\Applications Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\your current version..

Best regards,

Lin