WnSoft Forums

FRozen

snapcam

4 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Hi,

Please can you reproduce this problem and tell me how to see this error?

I am the user experiencing the "Frame engine exception" problem. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the problem as the programme has frozen at one particular slide and won't allow me to move off the slide or to shut down. I was in the Objects and Animation mode with a background slide and then at key points other images would appear at 50% opacity. I have done this before and had no problem.( I am now able to reply myself as you have just solved my signing in problem, thank you)

I thought that a solution might be to upgrade to the latest version 0f PTE - I am running Version 9 but not the very latest edition - however to do this I need to close down PTE but because of the problem I cannot do this nor can the upgrading programme. i use a Mac with Windows (Vmware Fusion). Is there another solution ?

Just turn the power off then back on - reboot is reboot - CTRL ALT DEL will bring up the task manager in Windows and allow the exit of PTE, but it will not hurt anything to just power down then back up and that will kill any connect between the Mac and Windows and allow him to start over and remove the current version of PTE and reinstall the newer version.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin, I closed everything down, shut the computer down and unplugged for about 15 mins. Restarted and things seem to be working normally. Still don't understand why unplugging should help when I had previously shut down, left it overnight and rebooted with no effect. However it now seems that I will be able to upgrade. 

• 2 weeks later...