WnSoft Forums

TV playback problem

Ray Groome

I have successfully made mp4 versions of my pte slide shows for many years and played them back on my 7 year old Sony KDL 46HX703 TV via memory sticks, but now I have found that the latest one I have made refuses to play the final 60 seconds of a 24 minute show! I don't think there is anything wrong with the slide show, which is made using the latest version of pte, and plays back from the same memory stick on my desktop without problem. This problem has not occurred with other, shorter, mp4s.

The TV has the latest software.

Any ideas, please?

On 01.10.2017 at 1:51 PM, Ray Groome said:

I have successfully made mp4 versions of my pte slide shows for many years and played them back on my 7 year old Sony KDL 46HX703 TV via memory sticks, but now I have found that the latest one I have made refuses to play the final 60 seconds of a 24 minute show! I don't think there is anything wrong with the slide show, which is made using the latest version of pte, and plays back from the same memory stick on my desktop without problem. This problem has not occurred with other, shorter, mp4s.

Hi Ray,

1. Can you try to rebuild MP4 video file for this project? Does it solve the problem?

2. Also please try with another USB flash drive (just in case).

3. If nothing helps, try to create AVI video file. Does it play correctly?

4. What parameters you choosed for video encoding? 1920 x 1080, 30p, High Quality or custom mode?

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your message.

I have tried remaking the MP4 and using a different USB flash drive, without success. It plays well until the last few minutes when the sound starts to crackle and finally the picture disappears and the TV says 'playback not available'. These faults do not occur when playing back on my desktop.

I use the recording parameters you quote- I do not use custom mode.

I have also created AVI video files but these cannot be played back on the TV, (but are OK on my desktop).

Strange!

Ray,

Does this problem occur with all new MP4 video files created in PTE 9 ? Try to play projects (MP4) with different durations - 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 24 minutes.

Send me any sample video which has this problem with your TV. I will check on my TVs.

P.S. You can also try to create MP4 video with custom parameters - 1-pass bitrate (say 5000 kbps). Or try 48 KHz for audio instead of 44 Khz. Will it help?