WnSoft Forums

Video duration not being updated.

wideangle

I have a saved project which consists of a slide sequence where one of the slides is a video clip called vid and is 20 seconds long.

I do some processing of that video clip in an external editor, which includes trimming it to be 10 seconds long, and resave it as vid.

When I reopen the PTE project, the slide which is vid recognises the editing but still shows as 20 seconds, not 10 as I would expect.

Also, if I go to O&A and use properties to update the file that way, it still stays at 20 seconds.

Regards

wideangle

You say:  "One of the slides is a video clip". I'm sorry to say: A slide cannot be a video clip! A slide is a container for visual objects. It may contain (as in your case) a single video, but it may also contain several videos and images at the same time. Why should a manipulation of one of the objects inside a slide have automatically a side effect on the slide options? The consequences could be awkward, e.g. loosing the synchronization of transition points and the soundtrack. For the feature that you want to see there is a simple workaround: Delete your "video-slide" and insert it again using the modified video.

Hi jt49

Yes, I’m well aware of all of that, but I would like to see PTE being a bit more intelligent in its behaviour in this particular context, by recognising that there are no other contents of the slide. It should easily be able to check whether a slide is a single video, and then go on to act more logically, in this situation.

regards

wideangle