WnSoft Forums

Slideshow software

RobC

I wondered if anyone knows of a programme (Windows compatible) that I can use when making a presentation using a PTE .exe file? The presentation will be a mix of AV and still images that I manually key-press to move from one image to the next when commentary is required - not recorded - and it would be extremely useful for me to see the image that follows. I believe Keynote enables this? Can this be achieved within PTE?

Hi Rob,

The problem is that an executable file content is totally contained within the code which creates the images and screens as programmed by the .pte file used to create the exe. No other software can gain access to the internals of a good executable file like the PTE exe which is protected from tampering via proprietary encryption. In order to display on a computer screen  the image following the one being displayed on a projector the software would have to be reading from a "map" or template such at the PTE file itself. Then the software would have to split the content and send one image to the projector while sending the next image in the sequence to the computer screen. 

I'm afraid you are not going to find any software that can do this with a PTE exe file  - it would have to be something written by Wnsoft developers themselves. 

Best regards,

Lin 

You should be able to acheive this by running in Preview mode and setting up the dispaly to Extend the Desktop.
This way you can set the Preview to show via the projector while still having access to the PTE screens on your laptop.

Jill

Once you have connected your projector right click on the desktop and select display.

It is one of the options, you can clone or extend and select which is monitor 1 and which is 2.

When you Preview PTE in this mode it will ask which display you want the preview to be shown on.

If you have two monitors connected to a desktop you can try it out to see how it works.

Jill