WnSoft Forums

PTE 9.0.14 Beta. Creating EXE files larger than 2 GB

Igor

Successfully test of 3.9 Gb file: 499 jpg, music 13 mp3 files total 102 Mb, no video.

Not successfull was test with 5.1 Gb,  4.6 Gb and 4.3 Gb, exe didn't start (with error message in Windows 10: "This app can not be executed on your pc")

So all below 4.0 Gb worked for me.

Thanks for testing!

4 hours ago, CorVdK said:

Not successfull was test with 5.1 Gb,  4.6 Gb and 4.3 Gb, exe didn't start (with error message in Windows 10: "This app can not be executed on your pc")

Please try Safe executable for PC. Will it work for more than 4 GB ?

Hi Igor

I  tried this new version with a 2,6Gb exe. On my PC (w7) I had to launch the exe as an administrator otherwise the access is denied. The problem reported by CorVdK could be similar for exe >4Gb?

details :

At the first attempt to launch the exe normally (just by a double click) nothing happens although the process was launched . So I stopped it. I deleted the slideshow exe file, and reboot my PC. I tried to launch PTE v9-14b again,  in order to create a new exe,  but this time I got an error message "access denied" and I was obliged to launch the app as an administrator. I created my slideshow exe and I launched it as an administrator, then there was no problem except that some (not all) videos clips appear jerky but I do not know really why.

If I launch the slideshow exe file just by a double click I got the error message in attachment

Best regards

Daniel

slideshow-exe-launch-message-error.jpg

New test with 650 jpg (5184x3456 pix), music 16 mp3 total size 129 mb.

Creating Safe exe file took 4 min and 55 sec to generate.

The total size of the file was 4.999.878 kb

Unpakking zip generated error messages as: "The archive is damaged" and "The archive is irreparable".

Creating normal exe file took about 2 min, +/- same size 4.9 gb

Error message of Windows 10: "This app can not be executed on your pc"

Spec. my pc: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

RAM 16,0 GB, 64-bit operating system

Windows 10 Home version 1709 build 16299.19

Conclusion for my situation: Normal exe below 4 gb is working perfect.

Just a suggestion for anyone using XP or perhaps Vista operating systems. Without a complete uninstall of the previously installed version of PTE, I found that the beta wouldn't install because a number of dll files could not be deleted. To delete them, I went into safe mode then manually cleaned out all traces of the previous PTE 9 installation. Although I have not yet tried to create a larger than 2 gigabyte exe file, I did find that this new beta 14 removed some of the problems with my previous installation of PTE 9.13 which would not create videos on my XP system for some reason. With the new Beta PTE 9.14 the video creation works normally. I don't know whether this was something specific to my own system or not, but if you are using XP and get errors when trying to install the beta, go into the safe mode (f8 when booting up) and delete everything under PTE 9.0 - that worked for me. Keep in mind that PTE 9 is not guaranteed compatible with either XP or Vista, but designed for more current operating systems.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor,

Video 4k made this morning with my drone Mavic ... Duration 4'40.
Converted with PTE (quality : 50%), but in the same format.
Final : 2.03 GB ...

Creat exe : 1920x1080...
PTE does not create the exe. :(

Is this due to the 4K format?

Edit : convert MP4 HD or 4K : no problem... :)

59ef31b9d1149_Video4k.jpg.02d48bf7a1aece5846e4fffbb271124f.jpg

• 1 month later...