WnSoft Forums

SKETCH ACTION

JEB

Hi,

I wonder if there is any appetite for the inclusion of an option within OBJECTS and ANNIMATION / Properties for creating a sketch/painter effect along the lines of those actions available for Photoshop? It seams to me that we now have so much ability to perform "actions" on images that sketch/painter effect may be possible and useful.

Just a thought.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John,

Actually - PTE doesn't have the "action" capability which Photoshop has. As you probably know, an action is a "macro" which performs various Photoshop function in sequence on a selected object. With PTE the "styles" feature lets you apply various features available in PTE to an image, but since PTE isn't a photo editor, these functions are limited to things such as levels, brightness, contrast, opacity, blur, colors (intensity, hue, change to sepia, grayscale, cyan, toning, negative) etc, so that an effect such as a "sketch" isn't feasible. Perhaps in a later version some of the features available in Pix Builder Studio might become available, but trying to be an "all-in-one" product might be getting a bit far from the core user's needs?

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Nice of you to reply with such a detailed explanation as ever.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term "Action" as I do have some idea of what is involved in PT in creating them. 

To be honest, I was being lazy at the time I made this post, putting off going into PS knowing that I had forgotten all I ever new about the subject and thinking wouldn't it be great if PTE could do this!

I do take your final point about 'all-in-one". However....................!

Kind Regards

John