WnSoft Forums

Upgrades

I have just helped a confused user of PTE-9 who got themselves into a bit of a tangle with regard to upgrades. I have put him right and the issue appears sorted now, but I have some sympathy with what he experienced. See his last remarks below. It doesn't seem that clear when you are taken to a choice of trial or buy. The guy thought he was being asked to pay for every update. Perhaps the update in PYE should take the user to an update button

Thanks. What you suggested works so will see what happens the next time there is an update.

I expected the update to install automatically like it does with other programmes. Never thought of using the trial copy to update my version, seems a rather odd way of doing it but if that is the way to do it that is what I will do. For info I am using Windows 7 and the message says “Update available” and when I click on it I am taken to P-E which says Trial or Buy.

I just went thru this, I am a long time user of PTE but every time it tells me there is an update I get confused by that choice for a trial or to buy.  So please have a separate

update button as Barry suggest.

Bert

Hi,

I agree totally with this. Every time I am offered an update my heart flutters. Excitement at something new or dread I'm not sure!

Cheers,

John

PS Delighted this has been raised. Often thought I should raise it but didn't want to appear negative.

• 1 month later...

Still NO up update button!

I have PTE 9.013 went in under help and click on look for updates. IT  says I have the latest update, which is 9.013.

PTE9.014 is available already for 12 hours

When does the button come.

Bert

• 1 year later...