WnSoft Forums

MP4 juddering

RobC

Hi, I've created an AV (within PTE) which I then converted to an MP4. This was then placed within another slideshow with standalone images that I manually moved from image to image. The whole sequence was then converted to an EXE file. On the PC it works fine but on the laptop the MP4 plays but not smoothly. The only way i can describe it is that is judders. Any clues? .  

Hi Rob,

Video card...   This sounds like a problem with a marginal video card. I'm not totally clear on whether it's the exe or the mp4 which has the problem on your laptop. The exe requires more from the video card than an mp4 so it would be logical that the exe might not play smoothly on your laptop. Usually once everything is converted to mp4 it runs smoothly because the conversion to individual frames has already been done during the creation of the video. With an exe file, individual images up to and possibly exceeding 60 frames per second are being created on the fly. If there is significant animation, this requires a good modern video card which most laptops just don't have. If they do have an external (not shared resource) card, there is usually a necessity to have the laptop plugged into AC rather than running off battery and also usually a procedure for switching from the integrated video to the more powerful external card.

Best regards,

Lin