WnSoft Forums

Lin Evans

I may be the only person still running Windows XP but I use it for my daily web - email, etc., and I have used Malware Bytes (free version) for many years and found it to work perfectly. Tonight I got a message which wanted me to install a new version of Malware Bytes and I did. BIG MISTAKE !!!! The new version put a free 14 day copy of the paid version on your system which automatically reverts to the freeware version in 14 days unless you purchase the paid version. After the installation, my system ran like a snail. It took literally minutes to get a response from a mouse click to exit a program or start a program. I went into the Windows Control Panel to uninstall Malware Bytes and it refused to uninstall. After a full 15 minutes of the hour glass, I killed the power and restarted in Safe Mode and uninstalled Malware Bytes and everything is back to normal. Just a word to the wise - if you are running Win XP and using Malware Bytes, it's probably best if you do not install the new version. Unless this is an anomaly relating to only my system, it will absolutely kill your performance and require you to go to Safe Mode to uninstall.

Best regards,

Lin