WnSoft Forums

Photo Harmony

JEB

Hi,

I know the definition of Photo Harmony as given by the RPS and others (not just music to images) but I can't find any examples.

Can anybody point me as to where I could actually view a sequence that meets the RPS definition?

John

John,

There is probably an organizer in your area who should have access to CDs/DVDs of previous Competitions. Talk nicely to him/her and try to get a copy or loan of one with the results and adjudication notes.

I did just that some years ago and had no problem.

DG

http://www.bridgendcameraclub.co.uk/5to8Comp_Results.html

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

I will probably do as you suggest. This is just out of curiosity. It seems to to be quite a tight definition. Presumably this is because it is being set as a examination exercise.  Probably not surprising that there are no examples readily available.

Kind Regards

John

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much.

I have now had a chance to look at a few of the sequences you directed me to. I now have a much clearer understanding of the definition of Photo Harmony. For a long time now I have been reading far too much into the printed definition. This is an old problem of mine I'm afraid, I should have known better.

I have spent most of my AV activity in producing documentaries so have ignored the true artistry of Photo Harmony. I think I am in a much better position to recognise the difference between Photo Harmony and "pictures to music" something I see quite a bit of and have been guilty of producing myself. I have been too guilty of letting the narrative tell the story and the images just support the narrative. Looks like I'm going to have to put a different hat on when taking images for Photo Harmony.

Thanks a lot for clearing that up.

John