WnSoft Forums

Advanced Curling Page CT with See Through Text

davegee

Can't open this eff file.  No idea how to get it in PTE.

Why are some transition files as a zip file and other ones not?

It would be nice if there was just a common transition depot, where you could get transitions to import.

I have Windows 10.

Bert

The exe runs perfectly on my XP system - (2 gig nVidia GTX 750 Ti Video Card) but I can't get the pteeff to work - haven't tried on my 32 gig system yet. I'm assuming you apply the transition to the transparent background PNG text file...  It starts to do something but then the text just disappears... Probably not sufficient CPU power or system RAM.. I tried to lower the graphic requirement by using only the PTE image and using the second image as the default background but it didn't help...  

Just tested on my 32 gigabyte i7 with plenty of resources including video card - The last letter just disappears and then all the text disappears. The exe runs perfectly on this system also...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

The problem seems to be with EXPORTED CTs.

It continues to work OK on my Laptop but as soon as I export it it corrupts or saves as a much earlier version.

The same thing happens when I include it in a STYLE.

I am not sure what the process is when using a CT in a Style - if it has to Export and then Import the CT then the problem occurs.

However, this works on both my PCs:

Curling Page Project_Nov21-2017_8-14-51.zip

I have tried to explain this to Igor but he cannot seem to duplicate the problem. I will try again.

DG

P.S. I have removed the .pteeff file from the 2nd post because it is obviously not going to work for a third party :)

Dave,

I apologize for this problem. I still cannot reproduce the problem with exported and imported transition. We tested on several computers with different video cards.

Can you give me exact step by step instruction? Other members probably will try too.

Tauratinzwe,

What video card installed in your computer? 

Igor,

Are you saying that the original exported CT (which I have now deleted) works on your PC?

The step by step is this:

I completed the CT and it works as shown in the exe and the BIZ.

But when I Export it and import on another PC this is the result:

16x9 Advanced Curling.pteeff

DG.

P.S. Lin describes the problem perfectly above - "The last letter just disappears and then all the text disappears"

Dave,

OK, I will check again tomorrow.

6 hours ago, davegee said:

I REMOVE it and save the project. I open a new project and the CT re-appears.

How do I completely remove a CT from my system??

Remove CT from the global storage.

Note, that if you have another project(s) where this CT was used, a copy of this CT included to .pte project file. So this you open this project, CT will be recovered automatically (as a local CT for this project only).

23 hours ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Note, that if you have another project(s) where this CT was used, a copy of this CT included to .pte project file. So this you open this project, CT will be recovered automatically (as a local CT for this project only).

OK, that might have been an issue - I will check.

I think that a number of things that I have done this afternoon might have cured the problem.

I have done a complete uninstal / re-instal on both PCs and Deleted all instances of the CT.

The corrupted one could have been among the deleted ones.

Please try this with a Blank Slide:

Curling Page.ptestyle

DG

That works Dave, and if you make your text modification as desired, then "cut" the text, create a blank mask and insert the cut text as the mask stencil you can then insert a video (flames, etc.) or jpg or png as the mask content.....

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you !!! You've opened a new thought process for me... I was lamenting the loss of the ability to export text to a PNG file with version 9, but my sole reason for doing this was to use the PNG text as a mask and now I realize that it can easily be done by simply cutting the text and then pasting it to a mask stencil. This also opens other thought possibilities such as applying transparent background PNG files as the mask stencil and experimental fun...   It also occurred to me that one can just add a blank mask to any image then add text to the mask stencil and whatever to the mask content which defacto creates the text mask without needing a PNG image.  I added a small video tutorial to my PTE Made Easy series showing how to do this...

Best regards,

Lin