WnSoft Forums

Is optimisation necessary?

RobC

I have MP4 video files that I am inserting into a slideshow. The projector is an HD 1920x1280. In order to retain the video's quality is it necessary to optimise the file when prompted by PTE? It states that it is so to ensure snooth playback. I'm concerned that if I do so then the video quality may suffer, or do I have nothing to worry about? 

7 hours ago, RobC said:

I have MP4 video files that I am inserting into a slideshow. The projector is an HD 1920x1280. In order to retain the video's quality is it necessary to optimise the file when prompted by PTE? It states that it is so to ensure snooth playback. I'm concerned that if I do so then the video quality may suffer, or do I have nothing to worry about? 

Just one more word: yes, it is 100% necessary, otherwise playback is not smooth at all. Of course, video quality decreases (allways decrease with a conversion), but you may get a better converted AVI file to insert in your PTE project, by using the PTE Video Converter manualy. I mean, instead of applying the "prompted automatic" version to convert, use the PTE Video Converter itself, manualy. Go to "C>Programe files(x86)>WnSoft>9.0>VideoConverter>VideoConverter.exe and install "VideoConverter.exe" and create a desktop shortcut.

Everytime you have to insert a MP4 in PTE project, first, you convert it with VideoConverter.exe, using QUALITY=100. This way you avoid the standard normal Quality=50%, which is used in the automatic way. You may profit to trim the video clip if you want to.

Jose

On 21/11/2017 at 1:48 PM, davegee said:

....or right click on the file in the file list and choose "convert". It is the same thing.

Yes, in case you are inside a PTE project and have your native file list available.

I use to prepare all my files before using them in PTE, I mean, stabilyzing (Mercalli) and converting them. This way, the editing in PTE turns easier and more fluid, no interruptions with converting.