WnSoft Forums

Can not mute video - 9.14 (SOLVED)

goddi

Greetings,

I notice that the audio of some of my video clips (created from a Sanyo camera) are playing abnormally louder in the 9.14 version than it seems in the previous version. So I am trying to mute the audio of a video clips and add them as a separate audio clip where I can then adjust the volume to be less loud. Also, I notice that the audio sounds louder in the Preview then when played in the  File List. (Maybe this  is just my perception).

However, the main problem is not being able to mute the Sanyo video clips. When I mute some (not all) of the Sanyo video clips, they will not mute. Testing other clips created from other cameras (Nikon), they will mute. The clips that don't seem to mute are from a Sanyo camera. But, other video clips from the Sanyo do mute.

I'm not sure how to figure out what  might be going on. Any  ideas?

I have attached a zipped file that  contains 3 Sanyo video clips. All clips were shortened to save viewing time. The first Sanyo clip will mute. The second Sanyo clip, though muted, does not mute. The third clip is a duplicate of the second clip, but it will mute.

Gary

===========================ADDED LATER===========================

Ha...I just figured it out. I had the same video clip playing as a blurred background to fill the screen since their aspect ratios were not 16x9. So the volume was twice. And I would mute one of them, but not the other. So I have to mute BOTH video clips. This stuff happens when you go back to edit older videos and you forget what the heck you did. The 'problem' occurred with two of the Sanyo video clips where I used the same clip as a blurred background.

test.zip

7 minutes ago, Igor Kokarev said:

Gary,

We didn't change the code related with video playback or audio. O&A editor is exactly same.

I didn't find attached links to the files.

Igor... I found the problem. It was me. Oppsss. I just add the files just so you can see what I was talking about.

Gary