WnSoft Forums

Advanced Options

Barry Beckham

In Project Options - Advanced Tab we have an option to create Custom Windows and it's a feature I have used a fair bit in the past with no problems.

However, I am either missing something simple in PTE-9 or it doesn't work as it used to. It used to create a sample with text and buttons, but I can't get it to do anything now, even if I customize the window.

Any ideas?

Igor

Thanks for that demo, but I am struggling to re-create it. I set up a button to call for window1 and created window1 in the advanced options, but I cannot get it to do anything. I have been here 40 minutes struggling with it and still cannot create what I want.

I am going to walk away and leave it a day or so and come back later and try again.

I wonder if anything can be read into the fact that 76 people viewed my thread and yet not one replied. Either they are as baffled as I am and their keeping their head down till they understand it :D

or

Its me.

Either way I am sufficiently pissed with it right now to walk away and forget it. At least for a while 

Just took one last look at your example and I discovered why mine doesn't work

If a user types window1 with a lower case "w"  in the actions on mouse click, instead of Window1 with an upper case "W" the button to take you to the window doesn't work.

snap560.jpg

Barry,

I agree, we'll make names of custom windows not case sensitive in the next version (or probably in the next updates).

Also you can choose a name of custom window from a list - click a small triangle icon on the right side in this field.