WnSoft Forums

More text options

Igor

i have been using PTE quite a bit lately in a PowerPoint  type presentation. It’s great because it can be presented live, or easily made automatic. I also use it as a basis of a Camtasia screen recording.

I am finding the text options a bit limiting. I love the flexibility of live text in PTE, but would like to see that expanded a bit. Easy outlines, bevels, gradient colour etc

Barry,

I can say even more - this feature has my personal priority. I'd like to add two improvements:

1. Text effects (styles).

2. Rich text object (with editing like in Powerpoint).

Regarding p. 2 we're trying to find a good interface to implement this feature. Powerpoint doesn't offer keyframe based animation like in PTE. 

Question: 

In PTE the Text object shows a green selection rectangle with  8 dots to resize a visual size of an object. Then  text will become larger or smaller.

In Powerpoint these 8 dots in the selection frame don't changes visual size of an Text object and it adds space for more text letters.

How to combine both conceptions? 8 green dots to resize Text and 8 (say blue) dots to adjust space for the Text? Will not this look too complicated?

pte.jpg

I always find these questions difficult to answer, because you never really know for sure. Not until the concept can be tried out in real life situations.

However, off the top of my head, I would have the green box for current use and then the same box, same colour with Ctrl key for extra space for text

Do we need anything to alter the size of the box?
At present as we type the box automatically adjusts to fit the text.

What we need is the ability to change Size, Font & Colour of individual characters within a text object.
Also an easy way of aligning several text objects

If possible to be able to easily pick up characters with the mouse from the O&A window without having to go to the properties tab.

Jill

In addition to the above, we really need the option of importing text so it can be spell checked in an editor first then imported into PTE so it will automatically wrap within the available text box space. Because of the multiple languages and the fact that most people already have a good text editor, I don't think having spell check built in to PTE is necessary if we can import text with formatting.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi

This is an old question, which has already been answered, but it still bothers me.
If I want to have the same font size in several slides, I would like to use the same scale, but it changes with the number of lines of text.

MUR

On 09.12.2017 at 9:21 PM, Lin Evans said:

...if we can import text with formatting.

Lin,

I think it's impossible. Only plain text when it's copied from any external text editor to PTE. Because MS Word or HTML5 have very complex text formatting which never can be 100% copied. It would be a nightmare to try preserve a text formating according all embedded text styles (CSS, HTML, etc).

On 10.12.2017 at 12:57 AM, MUR said:

Hi

This is an old question, which has already been answered, but it still bothers me.
If I want to have the same font size in several slides, I would like to use the same scale, but it changes with the number of lines of text.

MUR

MUR,

When you type text or add new text lines, the size of a Text object is changing, but visual size of an letter remains same.

Only future Rich Text object probably will make possible what you want to have.

Hi Igor,

Let's say there is the text itself and the background layer, wich corresponds to the area were the text wil be written.

Assuming we maintain the Alt key depresed to acces this background layer, may be you can use doted lines to materialize the borders of this background layer.

And it would be nice to be able to put a color on the background itself, very usefull to place objects in the view.